Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had a few more things to say but didn't get as much as a "thank you". So EFF Off you nasty, chunky monkey:eek::D
I didn't know you were such a point slut. :p

Your post like more than a few others sort of require serious responses. I find myself at a bit of a loss and for the moment I'm just trying to absorb all the good info and get into the habit of going for a bit of a walk in the evening. A few times I have started replying only to toss the whole response.

Here's the thing. For my entire life I've been eating whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted, eating until I was done, until I couldn't eat anymore and I have been relatively thin. That coupled with my savage good looks and winning personality ... :rolleyes: :D

Now the trick is to learn how to eat in moderation. I can evidently 'not' do certain things successfully like 'not' smoking. The b!tch of it is that I have an incredible amount of trouble only eating a certain amount. It's not like I can just 'not' eat. My 28 year dependence on nicotine served as my 'off' switch for food. Now? There's only me and I suck at moderation.

Another thing that's weird is that I don't feel like a fat guy. I feel like the same guy I been all my like. Kind of like The Matrix when they talk about residual self image. I feel like I'm still a threat to the virtue of sororities world wide. :)

I don't know. I'm hoping this takes before I get back to real work. The last time they sprung that on me I was coming home and laying in a bathtub of cold water and gobbling up ibuprofen trying to reduce inflammation. It was horrible. What can I say? I got @ss aches. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Don't encourage him. :rolleyes:

It is. Name's Hudson. He's some special color too. Really beautiful dog.
I'll do what I want...I can out power walk you! LOL!!!:D

The color is called "blue". We had a harlequin (white with black markings) I'll get another some day. My mutt (chow/retriever mix) is king at the moment and I don't want that to change.

Great Danes are my favorite pure breed! (in case you've never picked up on that. :))

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just thought you had the whole family join to keep your Rep points up.:D
Jerry Love just got through telling me that he thought the rep system was a joke.
I told him that I thought it was flawless. ;) :p

Doug,
Yeah, my mad Ninja skills are going to waste not being able to catch anybody that I need to punish. 'Blue' is the color of the dog. He is quite the beast ... all goofy still. What's cool is that my nephew has taken the time to train him so he is well behaved and just a real pleasure to be around.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well Alex, I dropped over 30 pounds in about 2 months. From 200+ to <170. It's simple really. Just get your heart broken by the woman you loved for over 13 years. Best weight loss plan ever!

Matt34

Matt34

Alex, I'll start a crash course fitness plan with you. We have a German fitness test(GAFET) that the German liaison is offering to anyone on post in just over a month. It consists of a 7 mile ruck, 200m swim, 400m sprint, long jump and a shot put throw. The sixth category requires competitors to complete a 5000-meter, 3000 meter, or 2000-meter run, or a 1000-meter swim and last would be the pistol course.

Time to get training!!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Every time I see this thread title I think of an old Chicago song.

4.T.5 and 6 foot 4...........:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Every time I see this thread title I think of an old Chicago song.

4.T.5 and 6 foot 4...........:)
Good. Now you have something to listen to while you read my boring-@ss post.
Had to put the hyphen in there to keep from getting adwilk's hopes up. :D

Alex, I'll start a crash course fitness plan with you. We have a German fitness test(GAFET) that the German liaison is offering to anyone on post in just over a month. It consists of a 7 mile ruck, 200m swim, 400m sprint, long jump and a shot put throw. The sixth category requires competitors to complete a 5000-meter, 3000 meter, or 2000-meter run, or a 1000-meter swim and last would be the pistol course.

Time to get training!!
I'd like to get with you on that deal but to keep it a level playing field I need you to smoke about a pack a day for 28 years or so. I stretched some this morning. Did a few crunches and a few push ups. Went out and did a little work on a basement renovation. I'm not exactly bucking for the Bruce Jenner/Rambo life time achievement award over here. I suppose I should go for that walk too ... at least I didn't eat a double bacon cheese burger.:rolleyes:

Well Alex, I dropped over 30 pounds in about 2 months. From 200+ to <170. It's simple really. Just get your heart broken by the woman you loved for over 13 years. Best weight loss plan ever!
I could have sworn you were into men. :eek: :D
Just kidding, dude. I hope you found that funny. I remember reading about that a while back and feeling bad for you. That really sucks. They say time takes care of that stuff but that ain't gonna help you now. Maybe you should go for walks too. They say it lifts your spirits. Hope you get over it soon and feel better. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I could have sworn you were into men. :eek: :D
Just kidding, dude. I hope you found that funny. I remember reading about that a while back and feeling bad for you. That really sucks. They say time takes care of that stuff but that ain't gonna help you now. Maybe you should go for walks too. They say it lifts your spirits. Hope you get over it soon and feel better. :)
Either that....or a double bacon cheese burger.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Either that....or a double bacon cheese burger.
Nemo128 should probably walk and eat at the same time.
Like maybe walk from one fast food joint to the other for like a 7 course meal.
My walk is done. I'm gonna play It Might Get Loud ... and eat some more. :eek: :eek:

M

MrPirate2882

Junior Audioholic
Don't run barefoot, especially on anything hard like concrete, roads, sidewalks, etc. I saw someone back a while mention that. I know there was a huge craze to run barefoot a couple of years ago.. but it will kill you if you do it on a hard surface like the road. Best to keep to a field, grass, or one of those rubber tracks. You said your knees already didn't feel so good. & I wouldn't recommend treadmills either. I use them occasionally, but i've never had knee pain. My mom has knee pain & she says avoid treadmills. I'd trust her.

Keep up the good work. It will add a couple years to your life, hopefully in good health. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Don't run barefoot, especially on anything hard like concrete, roads, sidewalks, etc. I saw someone back a while mention that. I know there was a huge craze to run barefoot a couple of years ago.. but it will kill you if you do it on a hard surface like the road. Best to keep to a field, grass, or one of those rubber tracks. You said your knees already didn't feel so good. & I wouldn't recommend treadmills either. I use them occasionally, but i've never had knee pain. My mom has knee pain & she says avoid treadmills. I'd trust her.

Keep up the good work. It will add a couple years to your life, hopefully in good health. :D
At 6'-1" and 165 pounds in college, I ran barefoot around the indoor rubberized track and got heel spurs. If I tried that today, my arches would cave in! Save running barefoot for loose sand.
I am now 75 pounds heavier and find that the treadmill is easier on my knees than running on any normal surface. I don't know if your mom's treadmill didn't have shock absorption, but my experience is the opposite. Treadmills also have the advantage of being consistent, so there is little chance of twisting an ankle or knee.
However, if knee problems are bad, ellipticals or cycling is a good option. I set up a recumbent in my living room and my rule is if I watch TV I'm on the bike.
For weight loss you don't need to work hard, just work steady. For weight loss, you'd want to keep your pulse in the 90 to 110 range (ballpark numbers - metabolic testing is required for actual values).

skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
I hear that the rule of thumb is that for every pound you lose, you decrease the pressure in your knees by 4 psi. Would it be possible to loose weight prior to you starting to run by maybe biking or by some other means?

Erin and I are training for a half marathon right now but I'm having trouble with my shin splints, again.:mad:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hear that the rule of thumb is that for every pound you lose, you decrease the pressure in your knees by 4 psi. Would it be possible to loose weight prior to you starting to run by maybe biking or by some other means?

Erin and I are training for a half marathon right now but I'm having trouble with my shin splints, again.:mad:
I only broke out into a spontaneous jog for a very short distance a couple of times and quickly ran out of breath. I'm pretty big on keeping myself functional for the next day. You don't get to be an old drywaller if you don't know how to do that. Whatever it is that I'm doing now is like getting in shape to get in shape ... like a warm up. I guess I'll probably do a little walking and stretching along with a few push ups and sit ups for the rest of the week and then establish a more regimented deal that takes a little more time and effort. The last thing I want to do is hurt myself.

It sounds like you're the one who needs to ease up on the running and ride a bike for a while. :p

skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
Haha, you're right. I actually just took 2 weeks off and started back tonight. We have 70 days to train so I hope we can continue now. We're also leaving for Mardi Gras :D on Friday so that'll be another week down the drain.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So we have a snow storm of sorts going on and I go out for my walk/waddle/fat guy jog for 10 yards at a clip. There's only a few inches on the ground but it's wet heavy snow that actually has a lot of cushion to it. Of course it's colder than a witch's tit and the snow is coming in side ways with 25 mph gusts but it's pretty invigorating and I'm kind of liking it ... except for the frozen rain. It stings like little needles.

I'm wondering what it would take to loose like 50 lbs. I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't have eaten one and a half pizzas before going out to try to loose weight but they were really good. It was my first attempt at making them and I am a natural. :D

I wonder if I could land a job reviewing audio systems in fancy restaurants. :eek:

Anyways my little routine of calisthenics and walking has lived through the initial soreness and I'm really looking forward to doing something a little more strenuous with the satisfaction of having lost a few pounds. I might be down a pound or two now but I really need to see 270 on that scale. I'm not eating bad food ... much. Aghhhh ... the proof is in the pudding as they say. I'm a little more active but that scale will be the ultimate judge of my success.

Who knows? This might be my new obsession/addiction. :rolleyes:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Whatever the scale says, exercise is a great thing, no matter how you slice it. Some people are 275 lbs and fit, and some people are 275 lbs and unfit. So, gee, you don't smoke, you don't drink, and you're looking to exercise consistently. Bravo.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
and unfit. So, gee, you don't smoke, you don't drink, and you're looking to exercise consistently. Bravo.
But he does shake a leg:eek:

In related news, Mrs. O called a wants to invite Alex to the White House to discuss this situation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis