S

se7en

Audioholic Intern
does anyone know if companys make 42 and up lcd flat panel tv's. i know they make 42inch but do they make bigger ones like 50+? :confused:

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
Sharp makes a 45" and it's nice. Samsung was showing 46, 50 and 54 at CES and I'm pretty sure the 46 and 50 are already on the market. The 54 didn't look as nice as the other 2 at the show and after asking a sammy rep why he explained the 54 has a different backlight system and will never look as good as the other two but I don't know if that was BS or not.

S

se7en

Audioholic Intern
ok cool. my friend said that they didn't make big lcd's just comp moniters and i was sure there were bigger ones. but i just wanted to make sure there were.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Sharp 45" Aquos is on display at most Best Buy stores in our area.

I haven't seen the Samsung, but I know the 46" unit is shipping.

Sony's 42" LCD should also be available right now.

B

bbakken82

Audioholic Intern
lcd

Sharp currently has a 45", and larger sizes in the works.
Mitsubishi currently has a 42"
Sony has a 42" and I just found out that they are working on several larger sizes up to and including a 70" flat lcd. I had to confirm this for myself and I found out that it will only be available at the highest end retailers(sorry Best Buy). I also found out that the picture really isnt going to look very good at all(coming directly from my Sony reps mouth). Apparently they are going for the "holy crap that thing is huge" factor.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis