3 audio sources on 1 speaker set, possible?

M

Mesh

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I have some yamaha TSS1 speakers, they have just 1 digital audio input, either spdif or optical. The problem is that I have 3 audio sources for that one input, I know there are 'selector' type solutions that'd let me listen to one of 3 at any one time, but since I often watch a dvd while playing on the pc and such, I'm looking for a piece of hardware that'd take 3 inputs, mix em and output all as 1 digital output to go into the speakers,

any help finding said piece of hardware would be greatly appreciated,

Mesh</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hmm, does your PC soundcard have digital in?

If so, use your DVD player's digital out to the digital in on your soundcard, now your DVD and PC audio are on the same source.

For your other source, you will most likely have to use analog in unless your soundcard supposrts multiple digital ins.

Most soundcards have multiple sets of inputs.  If push comes to shove, i bet you can modify an internal CD-analog cable into another input source if you are lacking inputs.

BTW for this to work, your soundcard has to support 3 simultaneous audio streams.  Most cards can do 2, but there are few non-professional grade cards that can do 3.</font>

M

Mesh

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>using the pc to pass everything is out of the question, simple fact is that it will need to be reset while tv and/or dvd might be running, which would cut the sound till it's rebooted

I don't see why theres no such thing as a mixer, or am I the only one that uses just 1 speaker set,

thanks for trying anyhow,
Mesh</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis