2010 Subwoofer Shootout Room Size Recommendation Comparison

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Based on our new Subwoofer Room Size Protocol for determining subwoofer room size capability, we went back to our 2010 Subwoofer Shootout and tabulated the data below to see how each model ranked. All of the subs in this shootout earned our Bassaholic certification except the HSU VTF-15H. If an end user is considering the HSU VTF-15H and wishes to reach the 121dB reference level in a very large room, they are advised to purchase two VTF-15H subwoofers. Unfortunately this would make the purchase more costly than any of the other single sub solutions in this comparison. However multiple subs are always a good idea if your objective is to ensure smoother and more consistent bass for every seat in your theater, NOT just the money seat.

Discuss "2010 Subwoofer Shootout Room Size Recommendation Comparison" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The price of the PB12-Plus in that article is the old price. They have since lowered the price by $200.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm curious how well my PB-12plus with the old non-DSP amp with less power would fare.

edit: advertized 525 watt amp.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
After long discussions with Josh, I decided to bump the Bassaholic rating up +2dB to make it a bit harder to earn. So in this shootout only the Rythmik earned that rating.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis