sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
My roommate is looking to spend around $2000 (maybe + or - a few hundred) The only requirement is pretty much that the TV be @ least a 50"

other than that...lets hear those recommendations :)

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
Do you have any preference on form factor?

I've got the Samsung 5085W 50" DLP Rear projection. There's a newer model out now (5087W), so this one has been marked down at a lot of stores.

Check Here ... they have it for $1899. Its a bit of an odd form factor, but the picture is amazing.

Hanse18

Hanse18

Audioholic
Optoma RD65A @ VisualApex.com $1,999

Might need to call for price

65" $5,000 MSRP but it has been discontinued so they might be out. Get it calibrated for another $300 and you will have an amazing picture.

For something smaller, look at the JVC HD-ILA displays. Very bright picture and very crisp. I thought it was the best looking TV at Best Buy last time I went. Comes in 52", 60", and 70" I believe, but 70" will be out of price range.

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
Hanse18 said:
Optoma RD65A @ VisualApex.com $1,999

Might need to call for price

65" $5,000 MSRP but it has been discontinued so they might be out. Get it calibrated for another $300 and you will have an amazing picture.

For something smaller, look at the JVC HD-ILA displays. Very bright picture and very crisp. I thought it was the best looking TV at Best Buy last time I went. Comes in 52", 60", and 70" I believe, but 70" will be out of price range.
we were just @ best buy & that was one of the TV's we were looking @...it did have a VERY nice picture

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sanyo PLV-Z3 w/106" screen from Visual Apex for $1,700.00(ish) - then pull together a few hundred for a little surround if you need it.

No clue if front projection will work in your environment, but gotta suggest it! ;)

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
BMXTRIX said:
Sanyo PLV-Z3 w/106" screen from Visual Apex for $1,700.00(ish) - then pull together a few hundred for a little surround if you need it.

No clue if front projection will work in your environment, but gotta suggest it! ;)
i wish! unfortunately, there is way to much light in the room that we'd use it in, & that'd make daytime viewing almost impossible. & all the audio in my sig makes up the surround ....so that area is covered ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis