$2000 MCINTOSH Wall Clock

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I saw this a couple days ago on another forum, and at first I thought it was cool and thought if it was a few hundred dollars, I'd like one for my office wall... but then I read it was either $2000 or $2400 depending on the source reporting. I like McIntosh products, but I feel that a $2000 clock is simply insulting to we the customers who have purchased their products in the past. I'll pay a few thousand dollars for a quality amp with awesome specs, but a clock. Heck no!

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
Pretty cool. After I got use to seeing how it works. I'm trying to figure out why there are two '12s'?

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
That hour panel does just look plain awkward.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
That is pretty cool but certainly an insult to pay that kind of money for a clock..

B

BWG707

Audioholic
Totally nuts. The two readouts look ridiculous in my opinion. Way to simple looking, not elegant or even interesting. I'll give it a big thumbs down.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Pfft...it's McIntosh for heavens sake...they'll just wait for them to go on sale at audiogon...lol.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
There's a sucker born every minute...or more than enough people with disposable income that fit the former. :p

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If it costs McIntosh $2K to sell this (including their profit, etc.), it really makes me wonder how much amp I'd be getting for $3K-$4K!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If it costs McIntosh $2K to sell this (including their profit, etc.), it really makes me wonder how much amp I'd be getting for $3K-$4K!
Not really sure, but I can guarantee you two things:
a) It'll be heavy
b) It'll have very impressive faceplate
:D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Because there's no 0 O'Clock. It's either 'noon', or 'the other noon'.:D
I understand what you are saying, but you could make a parallel argument against the "60" on the minutes dial. It is never 2:60PM, it is 3:00PM!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not really sure, but I can guarantee you two things:
a) It'll be heavy
b) It'll have very impressive faceplate
:D
I just checked the DVICE link you made in the first post, and their response betters mine:
I guess we now know how much of the cost of a Mac amp goes into the faceplate.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
hmmmm... i like it, but you could probably make one for less than $100

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis