20% Tax on Items from Mexico to pay for wall...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Trump is so economically ignorant and so unfit to be a leader of the US. Now he wants to impose tarriffs to Canadian lumber being shipped into the US. The end result of this total BONEHEAD move is it will raise housing prices in the US by the same amount or more of the imposed tarrif and possibly slow down the American economy if not stall it again.
AFAIK, the lumber tariffs are, in part, a response to Canada breaking part of their end in NAFTA, WRT to buying dairy products. That came out of the blue and left hundreds of dairy farmers not knowing how they would sell their milk as of the termination date. Cows can't be switched on and off and the suddenness of the letter to the farmers could have resulted in them killing their herds and closing. That would have been bad for the states involved and for the US.

If US forests were allowed to be sensibly harvested, we would have plenty of lumber and fewer major fires. While much of the lumber used comes from Canada, a lot comes from other places.

highfigh

highfigh

His biggest blunder to date must be the divulging of classified information to the Russians. I cant believe how incredibly stupid that man is. Hes the text book definition of a f?cktard. Hr may even have the potential of surpaading Snowden and Wikileaks. I'm exaggerating now I reslize but dam that guy is dumb.
What would you call someone who has a server in their bathroom and used several hand-held devices for communication because, in their words, "I didn't understand how much of a problem it would be"?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What would you call someone who has a server in their bathroom and used several hand-held devices for communication because, in their words, "I didn't understand how much of a problem it would be"?
I would call such a person far more qualified to be president than Donald Trump.

highfigh

highfigh

I would call such a person far more qualified to be president than Donald Trump.
The heads of Lefties were exploding when Comey went after Hillary and now, they're exploding because they don't know why he waited so long. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I read that if Trump could walk on water, Democrats would yell that he can't swim.

I would like to see how much work time Lefties are taking to post all of their tantrums online. Might be interesting to see how much productivity has been lost. That's called 'time theft', BTW.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Highfigh, your support is to be commended. 15 extra rubles for you, comrade!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

"Draining" the swamp... yeah right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say you're talking about the drumpf tweeting on the crapper....

highfigh

highfigh

Highfigh, your support is to be commended. 15 extra rubles for you, comrade!
It's less a matter of support than annoyance by members of the Left drilling themselves into the ground with their outrage, lack of maturity in handling it and double standards. At this point, I'm not a fan of most in our government but the way people copy/paste without even bothering to do a single search is just pathetic. Members of the Right aren't getting many points for style, either.

If they could only stick the landing.....

27 cents? Hey, thanks!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's less a matter of support than annoyance by members of the Left drilling themselves into the ground with their outrage, lack of maturity in handling it and double standards. At this point, I'm not a fan of most in our government but the way people copy/paste without even bothering to do a single search is just pathetic. Members of the Right aren't getting many points for style, either.

If they could only stick the landing.....

27 cents? Hey, thanks!
Copy paste without looking at sources? Sorry, but that is the a right-wing modus operandi. I would love to have a dollar for every time some of the more politically conservative posters here pasted some gibberish from a junk source, and then I go find the actual story and debunk their hysterical spin on whatever it was they were complaining about. I don't see any of the leftward members here linking to garbage sources nearly as much. How many times are the more conservative posters going to link to Newsmax, breitbart, or some other fascist nonsense?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What does that have do with Trump leaking out information to the Russians. If I were Israel, I would think twice about divuldging any secret information to that clown. He is unfit to run the US.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, the Canadian timber industry has a tit caught in the wringer now. Former US President Jimmy Carter wrote an op ed for the Washington Post that was published today, where he says "Trump is right about Canadian timber imports". Carter goes on and on about poor suffering timber owners like himself, making a pittance he calculates for us, and calls what the Canadian government does dumping. Think about it, Jimmy Carter agreeing with President Twitter? Game over. :eek:
I saw that. I have a lot of respect for Carter, but in this case he's not exactly a disinterested bystander.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
AFAIK, the lumber tariffs are, in part, a response to Canada breaking part of their end in NAFTA, WRT to buying dairy products. That came out of the blue and left hundreds of dairy farmers not knowing how they would sell their milk as of the termination date. Cows can't be switched on and off and the suddenness of the letter to the farmers could have resulted in them killing their herds and closing. That would have been bad for the states involved and for the US.

If US forests were allowed to be sensibly harvested, we would have plenty of lumber and fewer major fires. While much of the lumber used comes from Canada, a lot comes from other places.
This explains it far better than I can. As it states, if there wasn't a problem with world-wide overproduction, this wouldn't be an issue for American dairy farmers. Overproduction isn't a problem in Canada, since the industry is regulated through quotas. They compensated for the cheaper American product by dropping the regulated price of similar Canadian product, which made it unprofitable for American exporters. Is it fair? I don't know; that'll be for the WTO to decide, I suppose.
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/u-s-canada-dairy-dispute/

highfigh

highfigh

This explains it far better than I can. As it states, if there wasn't a problem with world-wide overproduction, this wouldn't be an issue for American dairy farmers. Overproduction isn't a problem in Canada, since the industry is regulated through quotas. They compensated for the cheaper American product by dropping the regulated price of similar Canadian product, which made it unprofitable for American exporters. Is it fair? I don't know; that'll be for the WTO to decide, I suppose.
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/u-s-canada-dairy-dispute/
They were buying milk at a pace that seemed to work for both sides, but th letter sent to the farms was sudden and they all got it at about the same time- interviews with farmers showed them to be basically shellshocked by it. If the price amounted to dumping, I'm sure they would have negotiated some kind of change before cutting off their purchases and if you heard Trump mention Wisconsin farmers in the last few weeks, this is the reason.

highfigh

highfigh

What does that have do with Trump leaking out information to the Russians. If I were Israel, I would think twice about divuldging any secret information to that clown. He is unfit to run the US.
Do we know what he divulged? How do we know this and how did the Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Bezos BTW, get this info if the meeting was supposed to be confidential?

To be fair, the American media and members of the government can't keep their mouths shut, so claims from either side that any one has divulged sensitive info is a great case of the pot calling the kettle 'black'. Hillary made comments during a debate that should have gone unmade- what happened there? Robert Novack should have kept quiet when he learned that Valerie Plame was a CIA operative, yet he just couldn't.

No president is all-powerful and their staff should be able to reign them in when they go on a tangent. Whether Trump's staff doesn't try or they don't want to, it seems to be the first time it has happened. OTOH, I read a headline that said something like "Are we seeing the beginning of a coup?".

highfigh

highfigh

Copy paste without looking at sources? Sorry, but that is the a right-wing modus operandi. I would love to have a dollar for every time some of the more politically conservative posters here pasted some gibberish from a junk source, and then I go find the actual story and debunk their hysterical spin on whatever it was they were complaining about. I don't see any of the leftward members here linking to garbage sources nearly as much. How many times are the more conservative posters going to link to Newsmax, breitbart, or some other fascist nonsense?
It's both sides- nobody has a monopoly on this but it's not just here, it's all over the internet. Also, most of the comments I see don't show ANY source.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Who needs links to ridicule right wing talking points? (You've earned an additional 15 rubles, comrade! Keep up the good work!)

Ok, fine. Here is a link proving that highfigh is in fact Sean Hannity. You've been unmasked!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Do we know what he divulged? How do we know this and how did the Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Bezos BTW, get this info if the meeting was supposed to be confidential?

To be fair, the American media and members of the government can't keep their mouths shut, so claims from either side that any one has divulged sensitive info is a great case of the pot calling the kettle 'black'. Hillary made comments during a debate that should have gone unmade- what happened there? Robert Novack should have kept quiet when he learned that Valerie Plame was a CIA operative, yet he just couldn't.

No president is all-powerful and their staff should be able to reign them in when they go on a tangent. Whether Trump's staff doesn't try or they don't want to, it seems to be the first time it has happened. OTOH, I read a headline that said something like "Are we seeing the beginning of a coup?".
Don't pretend there is any parity of corruption here between Democrats and Trump. The Democrats have had some crooks at their helm before but no one like Trump. The last democrat that was anything like Trump might have been Huey Long, and even then he wasn't a raging degenerate.

highfigh

highfigh

Don't pretend there is any parity of corruption here between Democrats and Trump. The Democrats have had some crooks at their helm before but no one like Trump. The last democrat that was anything like Trump might have been Huey Long, and even then he wasn't a raging degenerate.
Has Trump been convicted of anything?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis