20' HDMI run -- monoprice good enough?

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Monoprice 1.3 - 20' - 22AWG

Or should I go with one of these:
BlueJeans Cable - Series 1 Belden - 20' - 23.5AWG(~2x as much)
BlueJeans Cable - Series 2 - 20' - 24AWG(similarly priced to monoprice)

I want no degredation. I've read that at standard lengths of 3'10' they are as good as any, but not sure if they are @ 20'....so I ask the more intelligent:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Monoprice 1.3 - 20' - 22AWG

Or should I go with one of these:
BlueJeans Cable - Series 1 Belden - 20' - 23.5AWG(~2x as much)
BlueJeans Cable - Series 2 - 20' - 24AWG(similarly priced to monoprice)

I want no degredation. I've read that at standard lengths of 3'10' they are as good as any, but not sure if they are @ 20'....so I ask the more intelligent:)
That series 2 sound plenty:D

S

Simoncable

Enthusiast
That series 2 sound plenty:D
I agree.

In my opinion, 26AWG is heavy enough for 20' HDMI cable.
It's not right that the guage is more heavy, the cable is better for such a short distance.

ezdriver

ezdriver

Enthusiast
I had the same decision to make recently as I also had to make a 20-foot run from my Yamaha AV Receiver to the Samsung HDTV. I was also concerned because Yamaha didn't recommend any HDMI cables over 15 feet in length. I found this site:

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/

and called the support number. The owner of the operation (believe it or not!) answered the call, took the time to answer my questions and concerns, and recommended a 24AWG 1.3a cable to fill my needs. The great thing about this place is they test each cable to insure that it will perform as expected and give you a copy of the verification specs. Anyway, I hooked everything up and my system is performing great. 1080p video over that 20-foot cable makes for one sweet looking image.

I highly recommend them :)

ez

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I would ask bluejeans. Honesty gets them way more customers in the long run. Mtry is right I have no doubt but I would still cough up the extra $20 or $30. I just bought a couple of 15' F2's for $38 each. Made in the USA. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis