20" crt monitor not degaussing properly

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
so i recently got a 20" dell trinitron crt monitor and i like it except for 2 problems, 1 its not terribly bright but i can live with that and it dosnt degauss properly, it has a green spot at the bottom right corner of the screen and i can use a magnet to move the spot and make it less visible but once i turn the monitor off and then back on, it degausses and the spot is right where it originally was:( any ides on how to fix this?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
im broke -.- and i got crts that are older than me that work great, meanwhil my moms 4 year old lcd is dyeing a long painful death

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
im broke -.- and i got crts that are older than me that work great, meanwhil my moms 4 year old lcd is dyeing a long painful death
Before my LG 20" screen I had 20" Dell Ultrasharp CRT screen, based on Sony Trinitron tech - I loved it and it was much quicker and brighter than my current LCD, however it's weight and size. I'd never go back to CRTs

I'd hunt local pawn shops, craigslist and yard sales to find new Screen, preferably one of higher end models

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Before my LG 20" screen I had 20" Dell Ultrasharp CRT screen, based on Sony Trinitron tech - I loved it and it was much quicker and brighter than my current LCD, however it's weight and size. I'd never go back to CRTs

I'd hunt local pawn shops, craigslist and yard sales to find new Screen, preferably one of higher end models
pawnshops are a rippoff in my opinion and i got this monitor from a guy on kijij, and the only cheap lcds on kijij are like 14" :eek:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
so i recently got a 20" dell trinitron crt monitor and i like it except for 2 problems, 1 its not terribly bright but i can live with that and it dosnt degauss properly, it has a green spot at the bottom right corner of the screen and i can use a magnet to move the spot and make it less visible but once i turn the monitor off and then back on, it degausses and the spot is right where it originally was:( any ides on how to fix this?
How close is it to a speaker? If it's close, move either and turn it on/off a few times. If the speakers are far away, look for any other source of magnetization. If nothing is close, find something with a motor in it, turn it on and move it around the screen in the area where it's green. The green should go away- any varying magnetic field should eliminate the magnetized area.

Have you gone through the monitor's menu, to look for a degauss button?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
It doesn't have a tv tuner. Unless you have a cable box, it won't work as a tv.
i have a dvt converter box, which does all the work for my current tv, i have it plugged into the dvd in on my tv.

but i could buy a component video to dvi cable and then wire my dtv box to my receiver and then i will use the component vid out on my reciever to connect to dvi in on the monitor, and my computer will be on vga.

good idea?

and highfigh, my sansuis are 2ft away(but if they were the problem it would mess up a larger area of the screen) and my subwoofers are 1ft away and i moved them away and nothing happened. i have also tried many different motors, and magnets attached to a drill bit, and it didn't work, i think the monitor is permanently messed up

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
oh... $192.64 with shipping... but i still cant find anything cheaper....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis