S

SavidSelim

Audioholic Intern
Hello. Most of my system became too impractical for the living room. So, i have moved it to a spare room in my apartment. This is sort of a mock up. I am making new speaker cables and hiding the all the cabling.

B&W DM600S3 with stands
Alesis RA150 Power Amp
Yaqin MS12b Preamp
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 DAC
Technics SL-1200MK2
PC
AudioTechnica ATH-M50 cans
good double sheilded RCAs
DIY speaker cables
APC ups-750

I have been playing around with the setup trying to get better sound. After moving the speakers pretty close together they started to image. the room is very small so i will be looking into acoustic treatments beyond my carpet tiles.

I have been enjoying this very much!!

this room is TINY!

cheers!

90gstman

Audioholic Intern
.1 ?

Hey SavidSelim, what is the .1 in this 2.1 set up? I see a sub in the photos, but no mention of it in your description.

Also, what do you think of the Yaqin?

S

SavidSelim

Audioholic Intern
the sub in my system is a JBL sub that came with a big box store 5.1 speaker package. it is a total POS. i most likely omitted it because i try not to think about how terrible it sounds. i turn it way down so i wont notice it as much.

after i soften the room with some more acoustic treatment, a sub is 1st on my list.... or maybe a pair of speakers that would eliminate the need for one.

the yaqin has made me very happy. although, i replaced my turntable at the same time so it is hard to tell. i use it as a line level preamp also. with the exception of the sub i am very happy with this configuration.

i may add some decent tower speakers and another RA150 and bridge both amps.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I did the exact same thing in my apartment. moved all theater to a spare bedroom and did a 2.2 in my living room. I am extremely pleased with it.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
I did the exact same thing in my apartment. moved all theater to a spare bedroom and did a 2.2 in my living room. I am extremely pleased with it.
I like this idea as well. Nice system by the way!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis