2.1 active speakers/sub crossover question

C

camcos

Audiophyte
I just purchased the Definitive Technology Incline 2.0 speakers for my pc. I have been looking for a small sub to pair with them, and came across the def tech Supercube 2000, which i thought would be prefect.
The speakers use a built in usb dac which i plan on using and the speakers also have a sub out. The problem is the sub does not have a crossover.

After doing some searching i found these FMOD Inline Crossover Pair 70 Hz Low Pass RCA.
,but they only come in 70Hz and from what i hear the inline speakers are meant to be set at 80Hz. I would be willing to use them if they work though.

I then noticed on the definitive technology product page for the incline's that is says something about having a 3 way crossover when they sub is plugged in, but i am not sure if that means it has a auto crossover for the sub.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated. I don't want to buy a sub that's going to have to pick up full range audio :(

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Keep life simple. Look for a sub with a built in adjustable crossover.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
First off there are tons of different fmods in different frq's, second the difference between 70 and 80 is minimal, its not a hard stop the freqs roll off at a specific rate and then to a specific amount...

BUT as for crossing look into the instruction or maybe call def tech because them speakers have a "sub out" so that may already be crossed... I would spend as little on a sub as possible if i were you, you are not going to need much to keep up with them mains...
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410023000&sr=8-1&keywords=subwoofer
maybe 1 of these under each main http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YST-FSW050BL2-Subwoofer-Each-Black/dp/B003DO5W12/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1410023000&sr=8-11&keywords=subwoofer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis