15" sealed Rythmik Sub?

B

BrettSelinsky

Audiophyte
I've been doing a lot of searching in various forums on the Rythmik subs. There are a lot of good reviews, but mostly on the 12" sealed and vented, and the 15" vented but nothing on the 15" sealed. Has anyone built one or heard one (sealed)? I will be moving and the room is fairly large and open and high ceilings. I really like punch out of a sub for music (90 music/10 movies) which, from what I understand, the 12" sealed has but I need to move more air in the big room w/ the 15 and I will just switch to my def tech for movies if the rythmic I choose doesnt sound as good for movies. If it does turn out good for music I may build another and run 2-15's. I just dont want to spend the extra $ on a 15" sealed and lose the punch the 12 delivers. Also I dont see much on Def Tech subs in the forums either. Are they junk? Got mine about 6yrs ago when just starting out and didnt do any research.
Thanks for any info or direction.
Brett

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Give them a call, I'm sure they can give you all the info. I found them very helpful. I use a Tempest sub with a Rythmic A350 and I am quite pleased with it. I thought the 350 wouldn't be enough, but I am very impressed with the capability of this amp.

DefTech - not junk, just not really up to the same levels as an HSU or SVS when it comes to the low stuff :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I absolutely LOVE my sealed 12". When talking to Brian at Rythmik, he told me that the only real difference between the 12" and the 15" is that the 15" moves more air. Their frequency responses are virtually identical.

I think my 12" sounds great with movies and music.

If you're thinking of doing two 15's, you might as well just build the dual 15 box that they have listed on the website. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

B

BrettSelinsky

Audiophyte
I absolutely LOVE my sealed 12". When talking to Brian at Rythmik, he told me that the only real difference between the 12" and the 15" is that the 15" moves more air. Their frequency responses are virtually identical.

I think my 12" sounds great with movies and music.

If you're thinking of doing two 15's, you might as well just build the dual 15 box that they have listed on the website. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

I called them about a month ago and they said not to do the dual box that it was not working out as good as the 2-seperate 15's. He even offered me the discounted price that they offer for the dual 15 box but said to build them as seperates. I just didnt want to loose the punch the 12" is supposed to have.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I called them about a month ago and they said not to do the dual box that it was not working out as good as the 2-seperate 15's. He even offered me the discounted price that they offer for the dual 15 box but said to build them as seperates. I just didnt want to loose the punch the 12" is supposed to have.

Thanks for the replies.
They're both going to have equal punch.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks for the replies.
That is what Brian stated over at AVS when the question arose about whether to go with two individual boxes or a dual box configuration.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis