12" Kappa Perfect or Shiva X?

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
I already have one Kappa Perfect build and am more than happy with it... I will be making another one soon.... I was thinking about trying the next one with the same enclosure but using the Shiva X instead of the Kappa Perfect just to compare the two. I hear the Shiva will work great. It has more xmax than the Kappa. I am certainly not an expert but do any of you experts think this is a good idea or should I stick with the Kappa?

Oh and by the way... the big reason I am thinking of trying this is because the Shiva is on sale....
http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=653

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I already have one Kappa Perfect build and am more than happy with it... I will be making another one soon.... I was thinking about trying the next one with the same enclosure but using the Shiva X instead of the Kappa Perfect just to compare the two. I hear the Shiva will work great. It has more xmax than the Kappa. I am certainly not an expert but do any of you experts think this is a good idea or should I stick with the Kappa?

Oh and by the way... the big reason I am thinking of trying this is because the Shiva is on sale....
http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=653
It will be very similar in the same cabinet. The benefit to the Shiva-X is the extended x-max which comes into play in sealed cabinets, for example. So if you intend on doing the same cabinet, you best use the Kappa and have a matching perfect pair. But if you want to do a sealed application that will use the extra excursion, the Shiva-X would be of benefit.

-Chris

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
Ok thanks Chris I will stick with the Kappa. I didn't know that mixing would matter. Can I ask how would that change the lower octaves if I went with the Shiva??

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you want to try the shiva I think it would be fun, but you'd probably have an easier time matching the perfect to another perfect. Still the owner of the shiva-X brand might let you give it a trial. He's a stand up guy too.

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
I agree, I thought it would be fun. too... but if I am going to get better sound, easier with the Kappa I might as well just do that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis