100w 8 ohm power amp/mixer/receiver

M

Max777

Audiophyte
Hey everyone,
I'm incredibly new to the world of audio equipment. I have a Gemini GSM 1260 Passive 3 way Loudspeaker. I know I need a power amp and a mixer, but I don't want to buy two more pieces of equipment. I'm definitely looking to spend $100 or less to make this speaker functional. I attached an image file of the specs for the GSM 1260.

I found this on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PT265BT-Bluetooth-Receiver-Amplifier-Microphone/dp/B00LI4L1XC/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1471200583&sr=8-17&keywords=mixer amp. It says peak power output 100w x2, normal load impedance 8 ohms. SO I think this will work fine with my speaker, but I'm not sure because later on the product page it says 100W x 2 @ 4 Ohms.

Can anyone give me some guidance? I'm very much a noobie when it comes to this

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

The amp in the link will work fine with your speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Be careful... Pyle product are junko... Cheap but unreliable..

Just my $0.02... ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hey everyone,
I'm incredibly new to the world of audio equipment. I have a Gemini GSM 1260 Passive 3 way Loudspeaker. I know I need a power amp and a mixer, but I don't want to buy two more pieces of equipment. I'm definitely looking to spend $100 or less to make this speaker functional. I attached an image file of the specs for the GSM 1260.

I found this on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PT265BT-Bluetooth-Receiver-Amplifier-Microphone/dp/B00LI4L1XC/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1471200583&sr=8-17&keywords=mixer amp. It says peak power output 100w x2, normal load impedance 8 ohms. SO I think this will work fine with my speaker, but I'm not sure because later on the product page it says 100W x 2 @ 4 Ohms.

Can anyone give me some guidance? I'm very much a noobie when it comes to this
Yeah, something like that should work, but I doubt the Pyle will work for very long :rolleyes:

My joke--Pyle.....yeah it's a Pile (of something) all right :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis