< $100. Headset for Gaming & Google Talk

J

JJF

Audiophyte
Hi,

• I'm looking to purchase a new headset -- which will be used for gaming & Google Talk. Quality of sound and comfort are important for me...

• I've hear that USB & with inline filters are better... I also have a laptop -- but will use them mostly from my desktop. (So, the option of a case would be nice. foldable would be nice, too. -- But neither one at the expense of sacrificing sound quality.) Mute and volume control inline would be nice, too -- esp. mute.

• I occasionally wear eyeglasses -- I noticed that some users complained about wearing some headsets while wearing eyeglasses...

• I will be replacing "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone" -- which worked fairly well for the modest price -- while squeezing my head... Ouch. ( stretched them over my sofa -- didn't last long...)

• I am an absolute neophyte w/ regard to this type of thing -- so any advice -- particularly specific models will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you.

J

jopela

Audioholic Intern
I have the razer piranha ($70) and it is a great headset, and very comfortable. (I also wear glasses). I am not sure where you heard that USB sound is better, in my experience it is the opposite. If you have a decent sound card just use the headphone out. A USB headset uses processing power to decode the sound for you so you are putting a greater strain on your system, which could actually degrade the sound. IMHO USB is for convenience not for quality.

http://www.razerzone.com/p-92-razer-piranha-gaming-communicator.aspx

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis