$10,000 Two Channel Recommended System

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Since budgets can be played with, this what I would choose as my turntable, an Oracle with a Delpi tone arm.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
HTML:
Since budgets can be played with, this what I would choose as my turntable, an Oracle with a Delpi tone arm.

Nice decoration and I am sure it could be more rumble free but for I am convinced my 1 Xpression III with the Red is good enough for me regardless of budget. I am just getting lazier and lazier so I am be on the digital path of no return within a few years.:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice decoration and I am sure it could be more rumble free but for I am convinced my 1 Xpression III with the Red is good enough for me regardless of budget. I am just getting lazier and lazier so I am be on the digital path of no return within a few years.:D
Just for your laserier way: ;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Got that right, tell me when you want one Gene, search auto trader for your city. Used Porsche Caymans for Sale in Charlotte, NC 28202 - AutoTrader.com

OP, as far as the $10,000 I say forget what people say on a forum, take a trip and listen with your own ears. Equipment might measure great in a magazine and sound great in a audio store but until you get that device in your home all bets are off.
I want a low mileage 2014 Cayman S with Nav and PDK in Red or Blue with light interior for $45k or less :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I want a low mileage 2014 Cayman S with Nav and PDK in Red or Blue with light interior for $45k or less :)
That should be right about the price in 2018, maybe 2019. Just a short wait.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Right no 2014 but how about from Reeves Motorcars in Tampa a red
[h=1]2010 Porsche Cayman Base - $41,980[/h]

N

nickboros

Audioholic
I like the recommended list. Some really good suggestions! I was thinking when reading that it may be possible to shave the cost down a little bit. It seems that the Oppo bdp 105 could be used as a processor itself. The only difficultly is that it doesn't seem to be easy to hook up the record player, if vinyl is important. I wonder if there is an easy fix to this? It would save about $1000.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I like the recommended list. Some really good suggestions! I was thinking when reading that it may be possible to shave the cost down a little bit. It seems that the Oppo bdp 105 could be used as a processor itself. The only difficultly is that it doesn't seem to be easy to hook up the record player, if vinyl is important. I wonder if there is an easy fix to this? It would save about $1000.
Agreed and great point! It can actually be used as a preamp and a 5.1 processor at that! Not a bad idea to have a system built around that concept.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So how much does RBH want for the beryllium mid ranges? I'm guessing the crossover would need to be modified to accommodate a Be tweeter?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So how much does RBH want for the beryllium mid ranges? I'm guessing the crossover would need to be modified to accommodate a Be tweeter?
I am 100% perfectly okay with their aluminum drivers. :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Having a pair of smaller Al midranges in the WM-30's I can definitely attest to their driver quality, especially when you consider the cabinet volume of these speakers. Was just curious how many multiples of $1000 would be needed to get the upgrade.

From all the rave reviews I hear about Be drivers I would really like to try a set out, if for no other reason than to brag that if I ever break the speaker cone it'll kill me. That's Audioholism!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Having a pair of smaller Al midranges in the WM-30's I can definitely attest to their driver quality, especially when you consider the cabinet volume of these speakers. Was just curious how many multiples of $1000 would be needed to get the upgrade.

From all the rave reviews I hear about Be drivers I would really like to try a set out, if for no other reason than to brag that if I ever break the speaker cone it'll kill me. That's Audioholism!
I guess everyone should try them out just to satisfy his curiosity. But I really don't see what the big deal is with Beryllium, Diamond, Titanium, RAAL, etc.

Or dipole vs bipolar vs direct radiator vs electrostatic vs box vs open baffle, etc.

Sure they may sound differently. But that doesn't mean one sounds better. It's like different pianos vs violins vs guitars, etc.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

LOL I love that last line. When my wife found out about the health risks of Be, I had to convince her that the odds of the drivers burning and turning to dust are very remote. It's worth the risk IMO, especially the tweeter. The drivers just ooze sexiness and performance with aplomb!

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
I guess everyone should try them out just to satisfy his curiosity. But I really don't see what the big deal is with Beryllium, Diamond, Titanium, RAAL, etc.

Or dipole vs bipolar vs direct radiator vs electrostatic vs box vs open baffle, etc.

Sure they may sound differently. But that doesn't mean one sounds better. It's like different pianos vs violins vs guitars, etc.
HUGE... HUGE difference in how different drivers, especially with the high freq, actually present sound and how we ultimately perceive it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
HUGE... HUGE difference in how different drivers, especially with the high freq, actually present sound and how we ultimately perceive it.
What has been your favorite drivers? :D

I like the RBH, but I think it has more to do with the overall design and not specifically the driver itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis