1 sub connected to 2 seperate Preamps without affecting impedance

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys I've been searching but need some help. I have 1 sub that is connected to a preamp for 7.1 SS. At times ill shut that system down and turn on my other preamp for my studio monitiors however I want to convert that system into a 2.1. Will this affect load impedance and if so what's the best way to hook it up, thanks guys..

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if both the preamps have bass management, you can connect each to the LEFT and RIGHT inputs (one each).

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
if both the preamps have bass management, you can connect each to the LEFT and RIGHT inputs (one each).
Its a Emo. UMC-1 and Onkyo TX-SR805 im sure they must have the bass management, Ill be buying another mono RCA cable from Monster. Much appreciated for the info, Thanks..
:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Its a Emo. UMC-1 and Onkyo TX-SR805 im sure they must have the bass management, Ill be buying another mono RCA cable from Monster. Much appreciated for the info, Thanks..
:)
yep that will work. (LFE mono for each processor ... e.g. UMC-1 to left sub input. 805 to right sub input)

even when both are running.

however, this is just for the SUB. the speakers are more complicated, unless you have two pairs of mains (one powered by the 805, one powered by your emotive power amp)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's exactly what I did with my dual Rythmik subs. I have one Denon 3310 + Orion (LEFT) & one Denon AVP-A1HDCI + KEF (RIGHT) connected to the subs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis