- This is an unreleased product… What we can tell you is that it sits at the top of SVS's Sealed Box subwoofer line and will be called the SB13-Ultra.
- The members auditioning it and chronicling their experiences will be receiving it at the same time as our professional reviewers and before it’s even unveiled to the public!
- That means we can't even show you a photo yet, those won't be taken until just a few days before these samples ship out.
Program & Contest Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a registered Audioholics forum member
- You must reside in the Continental US or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- You must respond (thoroughly) to all of the questions in the thread below
- Please see our standard contest rules for more details
The Rating Process
- SVS will simultaneously ship all three members an SB13 Ultra subwoofer to audition and test
- Members will have 2 weeks to listen, test and write their audition perspective
- Members will submit their perspective to Audioholics via email (email@example.com) who will anonymously post them all at the same time.
- The entire forum will then be asked to vote for the audition perspective they think is most comprehensive no matter what the perspective
- The written audition with the most votes wins the first production model signed by the entire SVS team!
Note: SVS will arrange for and handle all shipping to and from selected members.
Pre-Entry Contest Questions
Please answer the below questions by replying to the official contest thread. The Audioholics staff will use these answers along with your forum history to determine the three entrants. SVS will not participate in the selection process. Note, we'll be selecting based on multiple criteria, so there is no reason to exaggerate rooms size or the level of your system - you may inadvertently disqualify yourself in the process!
- Describe your current home theater and music system, listing all equipment, speakers, and subwoofers.
- Describe your evaluation room (size, dimensions, openings), and do you utilize any room treatments (bass traps, absorbers, diffusers, etc.) in that room?
- How long have you been a music and HT aficionado?
- What is your level of expertise as it relates to high-end A/V, and in particular, subwoofers?
- Have you performed any previous equipment user reviews on Audioholics forums? If yes, please provide links.
- Do you have anything else to add that may better qualify you as one of the three candidates?
- Bonus (NOT required): Do you have the ability to take basic acoustic measurements (such as using the popular Room EQ Wizard software)?
Your entry must be submitted by July 27th to qualify.