I'm new here- special thanks to Adam for cuing me in to enter this contest before it ended
1. How do you buy your high-end audio products today? Why?
Definitely online...prices don't compare to in-store. Also, the information available online via websites and forums make it so much easier to choose what you want From what I've experienced, the information I've gathered here from these great forum members on this forum alone far outweighs what I could expect from going to a retail store to look into products and making a purchase.
2. What three consumer electronics products in the market today are you most excited about and why?
1. My new polk audio monitor70 series II speakers! I got the pair for $300 and I'm AMAZED at what quality audio can be had for such a budget price (I'm a recent UCONN business school grad and can't afford the big stuff but these are great!) Sure they don't compare to the legacy whispers that my dad bought years ago and then sold for a profit but hey they're 300$ and sound fantastic! Thumbs up to Polk for these!
2. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition! I LOVE halo- have been playing it ever since it first came out back in the day when I was a freshmen in high school This 10 year re-release is AMAZING- they kept the campaign gameplay EXACTLY as it was in the original with updated graphics which are amazing. They allow you to switch between new/old graphics IN GAME just to behold the improvements blows me away and brings back so many good memories! They have also added an online multiplayer which isn't exactly like the original multiplayer- it's based off of the Halo Reach engine but is still so much fun- the pistol has the power of halo 1 and the accuracy of halo 2!
3. Dan D'Agostino the founder of KRELL amplification has split off from his former company and has gotten back to his roots making those 40k dollar monoblock amps that everyone in the audio world knows and adores! I could never even come close to affording them but I'm friends with his son, and we've been talking about the progress his father is making to make a major comeback with his awesome products!
3. What is your most treasured audio component?
My ears God gave me ears to hear and if not, I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything the world has to offer as far as audio goes!
4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology?
I think the video portion could be vastly improved...it certainly has SO much potential for improvement. How amazing would it be if we could "watch a movie" in such a way that would allow us to experience it as if we were standing on the set/scene with the characters in the movie and follow them scene by scene as the film progressed? That would revolutionize the way we experience movies for sure!