Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah..I'm excited but more so for Nathan....I'd really like to see more Canadian giving him serious consideration with this exposure before they opt out and buy US based sub products. Sure he build s high end expensive subs for guys like Warpdrv...but I soon found out that his prices are more than resonable if your working within a set budget, like me..:). Just give him a call...:eek:

Regards, Bill...:)

Sorry, Warpdrv....:eek:

No offense there bro... I am a big fan of the fine cabinetry, although I can build my own cabs - they just wouldn't turn out anything like this work of art... Personally I loved the idea of a sub like the Paradigm Sub25, but even those subs don't hold a candle to the fit and finish of what Nathan built for me here... It was worth every penny, and I saved some money already having a 18" LMS driver and 4000w Crest 8002 pro amp. Fine furniture fit and finish....

My Answer to the Sub 25 - double the output and Seriously Sexy in the looks dept.... Feast your Eyes on this....

Funky Waves 18.0 in Padauk wood finish, 3/4" roundover hardwood Padauk inlays

Counter Sunk - Neutrik Speakon connector

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Funkwaves sub Review

Nathan just peered Paul's review. It should be posted by tomorrow. No drama out of the Funkman, such a pleasure after dealing with the recent HSU debacle.

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
Unfortunately Paul's public personal attacks on HSU both here and now at AVS have also put a damper on the test numbers which could/should have stood on their own and now we have people wondering about his motives and possible "personal vendettas" and whether or not that impacted the test results. It's unfortunate that people can't have intelligent conversations/debates about numbers, test results and design compromises versus accusations and name calling. Maybe Paul hasn't been involved with the blogger/forum crowd much and some of the characters that come with it, but IMO his posts were in poor taste for any professional and he should be able to check his emotions at the door sort of speak when crafting his responses or just ignore those who will simply refuse to believe the results and let the numbers speak for themselves. If HSU wants to dispute them, they should have an independent third party remeasure the test or check Paul's equipment/methodology, and be present for the full remeasure if they're willing to pay him for more time (at this point highly unlikely to happen) given that the other 2 (and possibly 3 after the FW review) seem to be fine with the results.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the Funky review. I almost bought some subs from Nathan before ending up going the DIY route and he was very resourceful and very much a gentleman to deal with and helped inspire what I ended up building. All be it, no where near what he could have done given the incredible results as evidenced by Warp's subs above!

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Unfortunately Paul's public personal attacks on HSU both here and now at AVS have also put a damper on the test numbers which could/should have stood on their own and now we have people wondering about his motives and possible "personal vendettas" and whether or not that impacted the test results. It's unfortunate that people can't have intelligent conversations/debates about numbers, test results and design compromises versus accusations and name calling. Maybe Paul hasn't been involved with the blogger/forum crowd much and some of the characters that come with it, but IMO his posts were in poor taste for any professional and he should be able to check his emotions at the door sort of speak when crafting his responses or just ignore those who will simply refuse to believe the results and let the numbers speak for themselves. If HSU wants to dispute them, they should have an independent third party remeasure the test or check Paul's equipment/methodology, and be present for the full remeasure if they're willing to pay him for more time (at this point highly unlikely to happen) given that the other 2 (and possibly 3 after the FW review) seem to be fine with the results.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the Funky review. I almost bought some subs from Nathan before ending up going the DIY route and he was very resourceful and very much a gentleman to deal with and helped inspire what I ended up building. All be it, no where near what he could have done given the incredible results as evidenced by Warp's subs above!
It's been an entertaining couple of weeks, but the trains have wrecked and the passersby should disperse. I'm not talking about you pbc, just the entire situation. Let Hsu respond or not, but the work has been done and there's no benefit to AH or Paul to let forum drama continue.

Funkwaves...come on down.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yes I agree but I don't keep a leash on Paul. I responded at AVS (post #1463):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20046753#post20046753

Incidentally I received PM's from several manufacturers in defense of Paul all of whom warned me of the antics of Pete when a reviewers data doesn't agree with theirs. Sadly, it seems like there is a history of this for HSU. I will take this into consideration the next time an HSU review opportunity presents itself.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
No need to leash Paul... unless you wanna change the website to

Audioholics: Pursuing the Truth in Audio & Video when Fans and Marketing Departments aren't Butthurt

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
Oh boy, bring on that FW review. ;)

And this HSU dilemma really really needs to be....

Yes I agree but I don't keep a leash on Paul. I responded at AVS (post #1463):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20046753#post20046753

Incidentally I received PM's from several manufacturers in defense of Paul all of whom warned me of the antics of Pete when a reviewers data doesn't agree with theirs. Sadly, it seems like there is a history of this for HSU. I will take this into consideration the next time an HSU review opportunity presents itself.

majorloser

majorloser

I don't know what's worse.
Threads about subwoofers or audio cables. :rolleyes:

Somebody always has their panties in a wad. :mad:

S

SnowmaNick

Junior Audioholic
I don't want to open any doors for more issues, but I am wondering if some kind of wrap up/summary article is planned? I absolutely, completely understand if one isn't after all the monkey-poo flying around, but it would be interesting if one was.

S

spooony

Enthusiast
Guys;

Let's also make sure your suggestions are easily purchasable for consumers.

Also, would you guys even consider putting a dual 18" 300lbs+ sub in your living room>? Or is a sub like the SVS PB13 or Axiom EP800 the max allowable size?

thanks.
I wouldn't mind with that two 300lbs subs. will they be able to block out a nagging wife?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis