Requested Audioholics Review

Matt34

Matt34

I wanna see some of Epik's subwoofers tested here, I haven't seen any professional reviews of the new lineup. Preferably the Dragon or Phoenix and the Sentinal if possible.

C

circuspla

Audiophyte
Great little topic.
And Nice work--thank you for sharing- for me this makes perfect sense though.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The ePik subs are great. It would be nice to see a review or two here.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I'd love to see the Dynasty reviewed. I've been seriously considering adding one to my sub family..:)

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Why wouldn't we see that happen, just out of curiosity.

And don't be afraid, there's no good reason to be.:D
Well, I just don't see it happening on this forum thats all. If it does that would be great :D

Mister House

Mister House

Junior Audioholic
I tell you what guys. Here is the skinny from House-daddy. I got pretty much every single thing I needed to know about Epik from this thread at another forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=885079

Now as much as this forum has helped me with many deciding issues about my home stereo and also has helped many others as well. I just don't see this forum meeting or competing with that thread above in content or views.

Now that that has been said. I just purchased a Phoenix yesterday and I should expect it in 2 weeks. I will be more than happy to come back here and post a review, however my expertise in the matter may not yield more than a subtle roar of " IT MADE MY NADS TINGLE!"

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I tell you what guys. Here is the skinny from House-daddy. I got pretty much every single thing I needed to know about Epik from this thread at another forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=885079

Now as much as this forum has helped me with many deciding issues about my home stereo and also has helped many others as well. I just don't see this forum meeting or competing with that thread above in content or views.

Now that that has been said. I just purchased a Phoenix yesterday and I should expect it in 2 weeks. I will be more than happy to come back here and post a review, however my expertise in the matter may not yield more than a subtle roar of " IT MADE MY NADS TINGLE!"
Been there and seen it long ago...But my hope would be something a little more un-biased...:) And I think such a review would be better done by a neutral third party like AH. But I'd like to hear your "opinion" for sure.

Mister House

Mister House

Junior Audioholic
I totally agree with you about the un-biased part. I was simply referring to trying to meet the status quo of that snowballing thread. If this thread can be started with good intentions I believe it to be more quality than quantity. Epik is becoming top notched really quick. I picked up on Chad Kuyper's attention to quality and performance very quickly. So I am eager to hear the phenomenon known as the Phoenix.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I totally agree with you about the un-biased part. I was simply referring to trying to meet the status quo of that snowballing thread. If this thread can be started with good intentions I believe it to be more quality than quantity. Epik is becoming top notched really quick. I picked up on Chad Kuyper's attention to quality and performance very quickly. So I am eager to hear the phenomenon known as the Phoenix.
They are nice subs from what I can tell. They seem to hint at a folded slot port design on some subs. Though I'm concerned the port is too narrow.

Mister House

Mister House

Junior Audioholic
They are nice subs from what I can tell. They seem to hint at a folded slot port design on some subs. Though I'm concerned the port is too narrow.
Yes they started off making the majority of their subs just like that but not long ago they went to two high-flow flared ports that have almost no audible port noise in the Phoenix and the Dynasty. I wish there was a way for people to hear these subs. They use an extremely high BL (motor strength) high excursion motor design featuring a 3" voice coil and hyper-linear spider. Utilizing expensive high-strength ceramic magnets, the driver delivers both high sensitivity and low distortion. A lot of owners claim zero bottoming out and distortion. This has always been a big factor in great sounding bass. I know my local theater has a problem with either bottoming out or cabinet rattling and I can hear it while watching some movies. This is not so with Epik. I hope they continue to produce subs to where people get to hear them. I can't wait to get mine.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yes they started off making the majority of their subs just like that but not long ago they went to two high-flow flared ports that have almost no audible port noise in the Phoenix and the Dynasty. I wish there was a way for people to hear these subs. They use an extremely high BL (motor strength) high excursion motor design featuring a 3" voice coil and hyper-linear spider. Utilizing expensive high-strength ceramic magnets, the driver delivers both high sensitivity and low distortion. A lot of owners claim zero bottoming out and distortion. This has always been a big factor in great sounding bass. I know my local theater has a problem with either bottoming out or cabinet rattling and I can hear it while watching some movies. This is not so with Epik. I hope they continue to produce subs to where people get to hear them. I can't wait to get mine.
I think I would have preferred to see them stick to folded slot ports, but I understand it's not a cost effective solution.

Do you know who sources their drivers?

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I am a happy Phoenix owner. I do not know much about sub design, but from my experience with it, it is built like a tank! I have never heard ANY port noise and simply cannot bottom out the thing let along get any straining, clunking, hiccups of any kind. When you turn it up to crazy deafing levels it simply just stops getting louder.
I would love to see a third party review on this subwoofer. I think its Epiks biggest seller.
Audioholics are you listening!!!!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis