GUTZ! Post your favorite amplifier and receiver inards

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Floor price is $479 no remote, my price at best would be $400.
For the Denon AVR-4802? That's a very sweet deal, that's over 80% off from retail price! You got 7 power amplifiers conservatively rated at 125 watts RMS per channel. Power consumption is 10.5 amperes. So, the toroidal transformer is indeed HUGE at over 1 KVA. Hmmm...
You guys are lucky, South of the border. :)

Does it have Main/In for all channels? That would be very cool. :cool:
Like some Marantz and Onkyo top receivers.

And what's up with Denon to not include Pre/Outs below the AVR-2800 series?
That kind of sucks, isn't?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The transformer in the Denon AVR-4802 is rated 10.7kva I think. I don't need that much power, I don't even need the amount of power the Yamaha has.

R

rumble

Audioholic
The transformer in the Denon AVR-4802 is rated 10.7kva I think. I don't need that much power, I don't even need the amount of power the Yamaha has.
10.7kva??

You would need roughly a 75 amp circuit to feed that I would think.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This is a very cool Kenwood system, not available in the states as far as I know though.:(

http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2007/kenwood_k1.shtml

I remember drooling over this a while back it's just a crazy thing to see Kenwood put out such a fine product as this. It's got two 10,000uF caps, a few 4700uF caps as well, and a toroidal transformer. For a micro it's got a full size bite to it.:D

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
10.7 kva!!! Wow! Only smooky Hallelujah! Praise the Lord, father of Jesus Christ, the Savior of all souls!
Don't bring that beast near my heart! :eek:

T

thrang

Audioholic Intern
I looked in my friend's Bose 3-2-1 and found this...

What a beast!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Picture doesn't show up...
Same for me, on my computer screen. :(

here it is again - show ups on my system, even in your post that it's not there!
Oh! Here it is. Is that a Bose amp? :D

The fan or the power transformer section? :D

* And where are the caps? You wouldn't want piss Seth=L off now, would you? :D

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, there were some small brown cylindrical objects beneath the cage, but I thought that was something else...
Now that was funny, and for that I am now the biggest contributor in your small fan club of two.:D

B

Buckster

Audioholic Intern
Pioneer AX10Ai/59TX

http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/pioneer_vsa_ax10ai_2.shtml

the 33000uF capacitors look very very big in real life ....... !

and I'm not sure of the pros and cons of Torrodials vs standard transformers - but the one in my Arcam AVR350 (Torrodial) was rated at over 1kVA I think - the Pioneer (standard transformer) 880vA - BUT the Pioneer has far far more real-world power

my back is still feeling it after installing the Pioneer about 3 months ago (35kg)

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I agree, we need more pictures from the Gutz of the receivers, or integrated amps, or power amps of our members, or their friends.

Me too, I love to see inside the stuff of people. :)

Come on now guys, show us some pictures of your gutz. ;)
And don't try to be smart either, you know what I mean; your components, your units... and not those... ;) ... these.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis