Places you want to go...

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I mentioned in the Really Boring thread that Pripyat, Ukraine would be my no. 1 destination of choice... why? Chernobyl.

My avatar is currently a scaled down copy of the ferris wheel in Pripyat...

The images taken there are some of the most mournfully beautiful I have seen in my life...

The entire city...

The old FunFair ferris wheel...

http://www.20years20lives.info/press/press_pics/zone_0045_pripyat.jpg

More of the FunFair...

The bay near Pripyat...

Chernobyl from Pripyat...

The pool before being abandoned...

After the Chernobyl incident...

School desk and books...

Masks were worn by many people after the contamination... especially in the schools where children could suffer from the radiation with smaller doses.

Hospital nursery...

So what places do you guys wish you could go?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Holy ish, dude. Those pictures make me want to suck start my Beretta. You really want to go there? I'm not judging or poking fun. It just seems like a sad, sad place to go. Hopefully it's better now.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i edited your 3rd pic to just a link instead of the img tag ... it was too large.

i would like to go somewhere it is snowing (at the time of visit)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would like to go someplace very, very dark at night so that I could finally really see the stars.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I wish you could have found bigger pictures...:D.

Well, not really. Maybe you could edit out the really giant shot while you still have edit time and scale it down a bit for reposting?

Edit, you are the Man, Mike.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Holy ish, dude. Those pictures make me want to suck start my Beretta. You really want to go there? I'm not judging or poking fun. It just seems like a sad, sad place to go. Hopefully it's better now.
Oh man, they do tours of the place and everything. There is currently a "Zone of Alienation" around the city... 1.5 miles each way... where you have to be checked for radiation before leaving/entering... security checkpoints... the works.

It is believed that it will be another 200 years before Pripyat or the Zone of Alienation become even somewhat safe for people to live in.

The area around Chernobyl will remain dangerous for another 20,000 years.

The ferris wheel that I mentioned is highly radioactive.

I am big into the history stuff, and this is one of those things that just amazed me so much, that I became one of those morbid fans. I would love to go there and actually see the history.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
i edited your 3rd pic to just a link instead of the img tag ... it was too large.

Yeah, I was going to get to that... I didn't realize so many of you were online right now :p Usually I have enough time to fix my mistakes before people take notice :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If I drive half an hour north to "The Paulding Light", it's pitch black for miles and the stars are just brilliant!!!
That is awesome! I envy you. It used to be really dark around here, but more and more people have moved here, more business go up (with more parking lots that have lights), more street lights go in...so now it's brighter than is used to be. I have neighbors on the other side of the street that run their bright yard lights all night, and the guy next door keeps his backyard lights on until after midnight, and the lady behind me keeps hers on really late, too. So, there are places that are dark, but my backyard (which used to be perfect) is no longer so.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I would like to go back to Hawaii and visit Pu'u o Mahuka Heiau again.

I would like to visit Belgium, Ireland, Scotland and St. Petersburg, Russia. Maybe Australia.

I've made a point of trying to visit naval museums. I still need to visit Buffalo, Boston, Mare Island and Camden. I've been to Pearl Harbor but now that the Missouri is there, it's another reason to go back.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I was going to get to that... I didn't realize so many of you were online right now :p Usually I have enough time to fix my mistakes before people take notice :D
if the image has been edited to a smaller size, i can always edit the 1st post for you.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is Lake Louise in Alberta, Canada. It's about 1-1/2 hours outside Calgary.
I have skied out there about a handful of times and I would like to go back.
The Canadian Rockies are really something.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
where's the lake? :)

i want snow - not ice :D

i might not get the chance to go anywhere anytime soon though ...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
where's the lake? :)

i want snow - not ice :D
Here's the lake.

This is some other lake up there. My brother is wearing the life jacket because he already fell in. When he stepped into the canoe it moved away from the dock and that leg went right in. I thought I was gonna die laughing.

Edit: Oh yeah, another place I want to go back to is some train station in Munich around 7:00 AM. I have never in my life seen that many good looking girls in my life. It must have been something in the water. Stunningly beautiful women everywhere.

Last edited:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
+1 on Lake Louise!

My wife and I might go to Whistler in January for a 10-year anniversary trip, so that should be pretty cool.

We both want to go to Alaska.

I'd like to go to SW Colorado/Durango/Telluride, and Taos too.

I'd like to go to Europe to see my relatives in Mannheim, and maybe take a euro-delivery of a new bimmer or p-car.

I'd like to spend a week in Italy but stay out of Rome.

I'd like to go ziplining in Costa Rica.

I'd like to spend a couple of weeks in Japan.

I'd like to go to Austrailia and New Zealand.

I'd like it if I could tear up my return ticket at nearly any of these places...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd like it if I could tear up my return ticket at nearly any of these places...
Not me. I always liked getting home from trips. But then I never lived in Kansas.
I might have driven through though if it's in between Calgary and New Orleans.
You could say I never looked back. :)

This is another place that I would like to go back to:

It's in Vienna and is called something like sham-broom. I'm interested in antique furniture and this place should offer some of the worlds finest. I wasn't interested in that back then so I never went in. Bummer.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Not me. I always liked getting home from trips. But then I never lived in Kansas.
I might have driven through though if it's in between Calgary and New Orleans.
You could say I never looked back. :)
Kansas is a great place to raise a family. And that's about it. We're getting out of here once our kids get to college.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
We're getting out of here once our kids get to college.
Two words: Human Growth Hormone. :D
Just kidding, I have always liked the people better than the places. ;)

That place is called Schönbrunn Palace. It belonged to a guy named Franz Joseph.
I guess he was livin' large but then some Serb busted a cap in his punk @ss. :D

Here's pro pic of a about face view from that spot in better weather with flowers. Google images for this.
It's amazing and I missed the inside of the palace. Twice. The first time wasn't my fault. I was 5.

Edit: I found this and it is pretty cool:

http://www.schoenbrunn.at/fileadmin/content/schoenbrunn/Downloads/B2B/B2B_Folder_engl_2009.pdf

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Not in any order,

Easter Island
Machu Picchu
The Orient
Europe
Hawaii
Egypt
India