New Tripplite HT Surge Suppressors

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Since I’ve “asked” more than “answered” in the short time I’ve belonged to this forum, I thought I’d post something that others might find of interest. I researched some threads on surge protectors, and have seen that some of you like Tripplites. The other day, literally within hours of thinking I should get a good surge suppressor for my growing system, I saw an ad in “Sound and Video Contractor” magazine for a new series of Home Theater surge suppressors by Tripplite.

http://www.tripplite.com/hometheater/surge.cfm

I’ve ordered a HTPOWERBAR10, though I’ve been told that the products are brand new, and only now being shipped to dealers so it’ll be a week or so.

An interesting sideline is that in that magazine ad, it’s stated that through October 31, they’re running a “buy one, get one free” promo. I don’t know if that will apply to my purchase or not. My gut feeling is that since this was in a trade mag, the promo is probably geared towards resellers only. Yet, there’s no mention of this or any other limitation in the ad. I called and spoke to someone at Tripplite today, and he was unfamiliar with the promotion. He stated that there would likely be a card in the box for you to send after the purchase to receive the second one. It certainly sounds too good to be true if offered to the end-consumer, but this unit still seemed better than the Monster units, etc… so I ordered one anyway.

I figure I might try following up on the offer after I receive the unit.

M

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
MarkSJohnson said:
Since I’ve “asked” more than “answered” in the short time I’ve belonged to this forum, I thought I’d post something that others might find of interest. I researched some threads on surge protectors, and have seen that some of you like Tripplites. The other day, literally within hours of thinking I should get a good surge suppressor for my growing system, I saw an ad in “Sound and Video Contractor” magazine for a new series of Home Theater surge suppressors by Tripplite.

http://www.tripplite.com/hometheater/surge.cfm

I’ve ordered a HTPOWERBAR10, though I’ve been told that the products are brand new, and only now being shipped to dealers so it’ll be a week or so.

An interesting sideline is that in that magazine ad, it’s stated that through October 31, they’re running a “buy one, get one free” promo. I don’t know if that will apply to my purchase or not. My gut feeling is that since this was in a trade mag, the promo is probably geared towards resellers only. Yet, there’s no mention of this or any other limitation in the ad. I called and spoke to someone at Tripplite today, and he was unfamiliar with the promotion. He stated that there would likely be a card in the box for you to send after the purchase to receive the second one. It certainly sounds too good to be true if offered to the end-consumer, but this unit still seemed better than the Monster units, etc… so I ordered one anyway.

I figure I might try following up on the offer after I receive the unit.

M
Thanks. How much is it? I missed it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Ymmv....

I'm sorry-
Cyber Geek-Speak...

Your Mileage May Vary.....

M

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
I am looking to purchase the Tripp lite HTPOWERBAR10, and I just read these thread. What do you think of the powerbar ?

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
They are Good

Peppy said:
I am looking to purchase the Tripp lite HTPOWERBAR10, and I just read these thread. What do you think of the powerbar ?

I like the Tripp Lite more than the Monster, esp. for the price...but there is also Furman to look at...Furman has been the leader for power protection for the pro sound market and are now making products for the Home theater.

Hope that helps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis