Creative X-Fi: A New World of Sound.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Yup. I just saw this as well. Read a few of the positive reviews.

It would be nice if Clint or someone at Audioholics could give a review of this product and see how well it really works in a HIFI environment. With real stereo equipment and speakers, instead of computer speakers.

Reorx

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Looks pretty sweet but what are those gay looking nobs on the remote for?

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
I'm guessing those knobs are for adjusting channel levels on the fly?

total guess, would be cool if it was though.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Gold plate maybe? Pretty soom they are gonna have woofer spinners!

A

Audiacc

Junior Audioholic
leaving knobs and all aside

I want to build a tiny home studio - mainly for radio jingles and special effects stuff but I do not have much proffesional level equipment. I am looking for a quality soundcard that works fine with dBV not only dBU rated source so that I can hook it up to any standard CD or my portable minidisk. One thing strikes me about X-Fi - if I got the review right- this card does not have a fixed rate clock so there is no more need to resample which compares nicely to all previous cards from creative. If you want card to resample - noise introduced at sample rate coveration is below SNR of the DACs. Nice :)
I found some other reviews on 3dguru.com and digit-life as well but although more critical than tomshardware they all agree this card is is the best on consumer level anyway. Anyone at audioholics had a chance to play with this XFI :confused: ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis