L

liviuzak

Audiophyte
Hello everybody,

My name is Liviu, and I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I would like to share with you the experience that I had with Etronics, with the hope that others will avoid it.
On July 1, 2005 I ordered a home theatre system using their web site. On July 6, 2005 they debited my account for $228.86. Seeing that I don't receive the product, I tried to check what happened. After many e-mails, sending me back and forth between Etronics and the shipping company, they said that the product is discontinued and they will reimburse me.
First, I don't understand how is the product discontinued as it is still offered on their web page, second why they needed more than a month for that.
And now, another surprise for me: I received my money on Aug 8, but only $215.53, LESS $13.33. So, after keeping and using my money for one month, instead of paying interest, they took money from me. NICE WAY OF DOING BUSINESS.
So, my advice is to avoid doing purchases from Etronics
Regards,
Liviu

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
liviuzak said:
Hello everybody,

My name is Liviu, and I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I would like to share with you the experience that I had with Etronics, with the hope that others will avoid it.
On July 1, 2005 I ordered a home theatre system using their web site. On July 6, 2005 they debited my account for $228.86. Seeing that I don't receive the product, I tried to check what happened. After many e-mails, sending me back and forth between Etronics and the shipping company, they said that the product is discontinued and they will reimburse me.
First, I don't understand how is the product discontinued as it is still offered on their web page, second why they needed more than a month for that.
And now, another surprise for me: I received my money on Aug 8, but only $215.53, LESS $13.33. So, after keeping and using my money for one month, instead of paying interest, they took money from me. NICE WAY OF DOING BUSINESS.
So, my advice is to avoid doing purchases from Etronics
Regards,
Liviu
I think Etronics, like many other online vendors, is just a brokerage house. Once they get the order, they search the net for profitable deals. Sometimes that means "B" units. Sometimes it means ordering in bulk from the far east. If they can't make a certain percentage on the deal, they claim the unit is "out of stock." There's no reason to go forward with the deal since there's no money to be made. It's ashame they charged you anything. I would call your credit card company and have them refund you the difference. Otherwise, drop the credit card company. That's what they're there for.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I received my money on Aug 8, but only $215.53, LESS $13.33. So, after keeping and using my money for one month, instead of paying interest, they took money from me.
Sounds like when they reimbursed you, the exchange rate between the Canandian/U.S. currency was the issue. I hate to say it, but those are the breaks. Hopefully, they'd reimburse you at the rate when they took the purchase money from you, but I doubt if that would be the case.

Then again, the exchange rate could have gone the other way, too - and you could have made $13.33. :)

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
I picked up a number of items from Etronics. They were very slow and sloppy in dealing with some delivery/credit issues I had, but eventually, they got it right. I probably wouldn't buy from them again b/c the experience was soemwhat annoying, however, I ddin't find them to be dishonest in any way.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Thought this thread was better suited for the steam vent.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I have purchased numerous items from etronics in the past, all without problems. Anyway, that's just my experience.

Now ecost is a different story. Their prices change on almost an hourly basis.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
disagree

I have bought over $1500 of stuff from them and everything has come in under a week. Maybe i have been lucky but I would use them again in a second.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis