billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/columnists/jane_stevenson/2010/06/09/14316111.html

Can't really add anything more to this review other than to say it was "Amazing"! We headed downtown to the Rogers centre using transit and we'd decided beforehand to get some dinner. The resturant we chose was showing the Eagles Australian concert dvd and viewing it for the first time (I know..) heighten my anticipation that much more. I guess it gave me a small preview of what was to come. In the end the article above has the entire playlist and it was basically one great song followed by another. Heh ..I guess if Hotel California is played 4 songs into the concert then you know your deep with lots of material...lol. I did take some pictures but our seats where quite a distance...although great for baseball(the stage was in centre field and we where located at 2nd level first base side). Here are some pic's but they're not very good(taken by a 12.1 MP poket camera)... kinda blurred if you ask me:eek:.

Regards, Bill and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Billy for the pics! Sure, they are a bit blurred. However, I can still see their set-up quite well. I am sure they rocked the house. You and the wife are quite lucky to get to see them. Perhaps, one day I will as well. ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Makes me miss TO ... well, not really. I just miss being 20 years younger. :)

Back then I saw Floyd up there and the best part was turning around to see where this particular smell was coming from which resulted in a joint being offered to me. It was groovy. At Jamie's show there were so many cops even Jamie was scared straight. :D

How was the sound? Don't go blaming the camera. Mine is a 6 megapixel. :p

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Back then I saw Floyd up there and the best part was turning around to see where this particular smell was coming from which resulted in a joint being offered to me. It was groovy. At Jamie's show there were so many cops even Jamie was scared straight. :D

How was the sound? Don't go blaming the camera. Mine is a 6 megapixel. :p
The acoustics in the Rogers centre aren't the best due to its design but they still sounded great. Walsh was excellent as he added some comic relief but his playing was right on the mark . I really enjoy drum and guitar solos. Yea, I didn't smell to much smoke (older and more mature crowd..I guess:eek:)but the bar was just in behind me which I put to good use(hah...so it wasn't the camera) but the darn beer cost $10.25 per.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall

AHHHHHHH, the GOOD OL DAYS.

these days, if ya fart, your busted :rolleyes:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The acoustics in the Rogers centre aren't the best due to its design but they still sounded great. Walsh was excellent as he added some comic relief but his playing was right on the mark . I really enjoy drum and guitar solos. Yea, I didn't smell to much smoke (older and more mature crowd..I guess:eek:)but the bar was just in behind me which I put to good use(hah...so it wasn't the camera) but the darn beer cost $10.25 per.
Nice Billy, did you plan to get seats near the bar?:D Did you say $10.25?:eek:

I've seen them a few times and their sound is always very well done.
They have some of the best engineered concert DVD's too.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Nice Billy, did you plan to get seats near the bar?:D Did you say $10.25?:eek:

I've seen them a few times and their sound is always very well done.
They have some of the best engineered concert DVD's too.
Nah...we just wanted the best available seats when buying our tickets. Yea...I was very pleased to hear how closely their live sound resembled their studio or Cd recordings. I'll definity have to buy that Australin concert dvd or maybe you have another recommendation:cool:?

Regards, Bill... :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Nah...we just wanted the best available seats when buying our tickets. Yea...I was very pleased to hear how closely their live sound resembled their studio or Cd recordings. I'll definity have to buy that Australin concert dvd or maybe you have another recommendation:cool:?

Regards, Bill... :)
I think that's it, gold box, it's the Live from Melbourne DVD, that's very good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis