DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Someone that isn't banned (is there anyone?) needs to post that they should raffle off some speakers and donate the money to his medical expenses.
It's stories like that one, or the Haitian earthquake, the Gulf oil spill, the earthquake in Chile, and other natural disasters that MLS would've exploited in his former days. Imagine if you will, if he had hit upon using cell phones so that people could text their donations. Or set up Facebook and Twitter accounts to do the same thing. That would have been much easier for people to express their generosity.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I actually made the same complaint before someone pointed out that the forum doesn't show posts older than 30 days unless you set it to. I never noticed it when the forum was active, but once they shut it down and 30 days had passed... well, it looked to me like the posts had all been deleted. I suspect it looks the same now that there's not much activity.

I can't speak for others, but it was an easy (and stupid) mistake for me to make.
I understand what you are saying, but John said he searched for his thread and nothing came up. He complained, did the same search and lo and behold they showed up this time an hour later. To me that doesn't sound like somebody who didn't get how the forum worked, it sounds like he did two identical searches and only after he complained did it come up with the results he was looking for, hence the reason he called it a bug or a glitch. I think the days of looking for explanations that aren't there or excusing AV123 for their tactics is just getting old and tiresome.

Now if you are correct and John only "searched" as in clicking on past pages then I stand corrected but John sure made it sound like he did two of the same searches. Regardless it doesn't really matter I guess in the grand scheme of what AV123 is doing over there. If John wants to clarify I would like to hear it.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
What's this I've been reading about? VA321 is now selling their subs with the "newest" revision of the amp for the MFW-15. This new amp features the controls included on the lower, main portion of the amp and not up towards the top, like the previous versions. However, VA321 didn't come up with a way to install a plate where the old controls were placed ... so, they just kept the old controls installed in the sub cabinet to fill the void even though there is no longer a purpose for them.

Nice! :rolleyes:

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
VA321 didn't come up with a way to install a plate where the old controls were placed ... so, they just kept the old controls installed in the sub cabinet to fill the void even though there is no longer a purpose for them.
Wow... classy :eek:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I saw that. I can only surmise that they've exhausted their supply of defective amps where they can swap out the CrealM amp module with the one made in QSC Colorado and now are having the entire package made here possibly because they can get 'small' runs made. I thought it was interesting that thotfulspot posted the following,

After just replacing mine again for the 4th time. I was told by he who shall not be named that they have gone back to better amps again.
Seems that others have some inside information about such matters.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
If every revision of the amp is better than the one before it just imagine how bad the initial amp design must be! :rolleyes:

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
What's this I've been reading about? VA321 is now selling their subs with the "newest" revision of the amp for the MFW-15. This new amp features the controls included on the lower, main portion of the amp and not up towards the top, like the previous versions. However, VA321 didn't come up with a way to install a plate where the old controls were placed ... so, they just kept the old controls installed in the sub cabinet to fill the void even though there is no longer a purpose for them.

Nice! :rolleyes:
Just giving you more for your money.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
If every revision of the amp is better than the one before it just imagine how bad the initial amp design must be! :rolleyes:
Yeah...just think what kind of rating the MFW-15 would get from "he who shall not be named" now. :D

S

subdude

Banned
I saw that. I can only surmise that they've exhausted their supply of defective amps where they can swap out the CrealM amp module with the one made in QSC Colorado and now are having the entire package made here possibly because they can get 'small' runs made. I thought it was interesting that thotfulspot posted the following,

Quote:
After just replacing mine again for the 4th time. I was told by he who shall not be named that they have gone back to better amps again.

Seems that others have some inside information about such matters.
How can that be?!?!?:eek: Must be a mistake! HWSNBN has sworn up and down that he has no business relationship with MLS. As I said in an earlier post, my grandma would say, "birds of a feather..."

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I think you're confusing TADG / MLS with the real HWSNBN. The original post was on VA321's forum which wouldn't have any restriction on using HWSNBN's real name. It is a little confusing though.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You know folks...

the fact that he can pay for the development and manufacturing of the amps says he's got money. He had money to buy those LS-6's from China. He had money to buy the MFW cabinets. He'll have money when he sells them. So, you guys who've been sitting on the sidelines and are owed monies, what the phuck are you waiting for? You've got your emails indicating what's what. Those of you who got suckered into putting up 50K or 70K or whatever in the grand Uniaudio investment scheme, get moving. I know of one person and he'll remain anonymous that has taken action to recoup his substantial investment. Maybe he'll get it all back. Maybe just a portion. But wishin' and a hopin' and a prayin' is going to leave you wishin' and a hopin' and a prayin' you'd done something. So, he's defaulting on both his primary and secondary mortgage. So what. He put down a lot of money on that house and even with the housing market being what it it, it's still worth more than he paid. So folks, there's money there. I want to hear from more of you that have taken action. What better birthday (May 29th) can you give him than the knowledge you've taken steps to recoup what's yours. With the money you get, you can send him a watch from the supermarket.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I made mention of the new amp in this thread about a month ago. From what I am seeing online, the v3 is a sorry POS.

Last edited:
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I made mention of the new amp in this thread about a month ago. From what I am seeing online, the v3 is a sorry POS.
Yes, from the reports at the AVSForum - the power output seems questionable at this point and lackluster in comparisons to the previous versions of the amp. Plus, the toroidal power transformers are not secured well enough (lock washer is required) and they're emitting some hum.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Yeah, but didn't you see this post over on AV123?
No one at AV123 is to blame for the amp issues. They are at the mercy of the people who build them. They worked very well for quite a while until a supplier decided to start to substitute inferior parts which affected a small number of the total subs sold. AV123 had to scramble to try to figure out what was happening and to try to find replacements.
Come on guys! Sure, its been 5 years of continuous problems with pretty much all of their amps, but its not their fault. Heck, my charity purchased (aka Mark's pocket) $900 ULW-10 was only dormant waiting for a new amp for 3 out of the 4 years I owned it, but it wasn't their fault. Sure, my parents two MFW-15's went through 5 amps and months of non use, but it wasn't their fault. Sure, they are now giving us cheap, underpowered replacements or basic off the shelf models and telling us they are better, but its not their fault. Sure, Mark preyed on our good intentions and our most basic humanity to steal from us, but its not their fault. Sure, posts disappear over there for no reason, but its not their fault. Its pretty easy to see what their new motto should be.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
the fact that he can pay for the development and manufacturing of the amps says he's got money. He had money to buy those LS-6's from China. He had money to buy the MFW cabinets. He'll have money when he sells them. So, you guys who've been sitting on the sidelines and are owed monies, what the phuck are you waiting for?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but another thing to consider for those who are out money and are sitting on the sidelines wondering if they should contact the proper authorities is this:

If MLS doesn't get punished to the fullest extent of the law, the odds of him learning from his actions are very small. I see many more raffles for the helpless in his/ his next company's future if he walks free.

Sure, we'll all try to warn future raffle participants, but people forget pain. They will brush us off as naysayers, "He didn't get prosecuted for his other raffles, so what makes you think this one is fraud?" is what they'll say.

The proof will be in a conviction- or 10. The more the better.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but another thing to consider for those who are out money and are sitting on the sidelines wondering if they should contact the proper authorities is this:

If MLS doesn't get punished to the fullest extent of the law, the odds of him learning from his actions are very small. I see many more raffles for the helpless in his/ his next company's future if he walks free.

Sure, we'll all try to warn future raffle participants, but people forget pain. They will brush us off as naysayers, "He didn't get prosecuted for his other raffles, so what makes you think this one is fraud?" is what they'll say.

The proof will be in a conviction- or 10. The more the better.
He won't be running any more raffles. In fact, given what we've all learned here, I seriously doubt that any person or company with a public presence will be doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis