Own a LG TV? (lcd, Plasma) want the expert mode password?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I tried that on a LG television at a store and it worked.

jtsternberg

jtsternberg

Audiophyte
Thanks & help?

hi... i have an LG du-42py10x... once i'm in the menu, can anyone tell me what settings to adjust to optimize the view? i'm nervous that i'll screw it up.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Confirmed - Code works on my tv (model # in sig)
THANKS A LOT !!!!!!! YEA !!!!! MORE TWEAKS !!!!!!!!!

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
I bought a LG 22LC2D. I pressed the menu button on the remote and got the password box to come up. however, when I type in 8741 I do NOT enter the expert mode. What password so I need to enter. Thanks Steve
Very old post but it might help someone else...

Other Codes:

{8} {8} {7} {8}
{8} {7} {4} {3}
{7} {7} {7} {7}
{0} {0} {0} {0}

Last edited by a moderator:
H

harryup

Audiophyte
LG LH4000 bricked or damaged after update :-(

Hello!!

I've got a European LG LH4000 and brand new! I tried to update to the newer firmware version (3.40) flashing it over the usb connection. When I started upgrading and when the procedure was about to complete, the TV turned off and it's never been turned on since then. Even though the red stand by light is working, nothing else seems to work. Do you think I somehow bricked or damaged the TV? is a way to reverse-restore-reset the procedure back to factory settings? or somehow get it flash the original firmware?

You see, I am not even sure what to say to the place I bough it for ...

thank you in advance,

H.:confused:

F

fabior

Audiophyte
Hi there,i have a lg37le2r but i heve tried all this codes that is here post, and no one works. My tv lcd was manufactured in 2007.

If somebody can help me ,im great full.

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Hi there,i have a lg37le2r but i heve tried all this codes that is here post, and no one works. My tv lcd was manufactured in 2007.

If somebody can help me ,im great full.
Try this:

• Press and hold the {MENU} button on the remote
    & the {MENU} button on the TV at the same time
    for at least 5-7 seconds.

• The Service menu will be displayed.

• To exit, turn the power off.

F

fabior

Audiophyte
Thanks,perfect.
I was need to enter in this menu to restor to factory default,because my lcd lost all the colors and now it is working perfectly thanks again.

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Thanks,perfect.
I was need to enter in this menu to restor to factory default,because my lcd lost all the colors and now it is working perfectly thanks again.
You're Welcome. :)

I'm glad it worked. :) :)

BTW: This is the code LG uses on most of their TVs.

D

davemcleod

Audiophyte
hi there sorry to bump an old thread but its the only page I found via google that helps a little, I am after the menu password for my LG tv model number

27lc2r manufactored in november 2007, ive tried the codes in previous threads but nothing has worked for me.

My problem is when running the PS3 or nintendo Wii through the red white and yellow cables aswell as the TV ariel all I am getting is a black and white screen and ive read some other topics this factory reset may work, Going to buy a HDMI cable for the ps3 just now to see if it still works, when i go into the basic menu the menu has colour around the borders

D

davemcleod

Audiophyte
can anyone help? went to a tv shop the day and they couldnt tell me, want me to bring it in but they charge a fortune

T

trieprast

Audiophyte
ihave LG22 LS2100 how to go servise mode? i try press "menu" hold long time but still cannot appear service mode?

D

d.oirep

Audiophyte
I have a 32LX3DCS LG LCD tv that I think is in hotel mode. the code 8741 and pressing "menu" on remote as well as on tv worked for me but I'm not sure if that where I need to be to remove it from hotel mode. Is there another code to change this?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis