Do not buy from an Audioholics member

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Chris has contated me and promised regular updates which is all I need. Thanks Chris.:)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Chris has contated me and promised regular updates which is all I need. Thanks Chris.:)
Thanks for letting us know good luck with your new speakers I'm sure they will be all that and some.:)

Matt34

Matt34

I got both of your PM Randy but I can't respond to PM's on my phone....I'm glad you changed your mind.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I believe the extended forecast is looking very subwooferish with speakers on the horizon.
After seeing this posters work on the Kappas you might have a good third party to do the woodworking part for you.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I'm glad to see this seems to be getting worked out.
Just a word...I own a construction company and it has been my experience if you tell someone they'll get weekly updates, it's best to shoot them a call no matter what, especially if you got money up front.
This has kept me out of the dog house on many occasions.
Good luck and happy listening to you all.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I believe the extended forecast is looking very subwooferish with speakers on the horizon.
Tonights lows will be 15 to 20hz and it will be sunny tommorrow so make sure to put on something with high SPL for your enjoyment.:D

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
.....Just a word...I own a construction company and it has been my experience if you tell someone they'll get weekly updates, it's best to shoot them a call no matter what, especially if you got money up front.
Yep. I am a small contractor. The older I get the more I realize communication is the key to all my dealings, in business and in life. If you are communicating well from the get go, when problems or delays occur, you have a rapport that has been bulit and helps smooth things over.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm glad things have been worked out to your mutual satisfaction. We'd hate to lose either of you. I'm anxious to see some pics once you take delivery!:cool:

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Rob, these speakers are probably same design that will be used in my new mains (which will not be built for some time to come of course, as I have to complete Randy's and Matt's speakers first), but this speaker is intended to be modular (mid/treble/midbass unit sitting on a bass unit), but Randy is only getting the upper part. It will offer dual mode ability; monopolar or omnipolar virtual mode, by way of mirrored treble and mid-range units on the front and back of unit and a switch + dual compensation modes programmed into the active crossover unit for each mode. The drivers used have unusual dispersion, that is, off axis response up to 15khz at 75 degrees +/- (150 degree window) is almost unchanged. No nulls, no roll off; just identical response at all positions. With the front and back activated at the same time, you end up with full omnipolar type radiation. The drivers used also have incredible dynamic abilities: mid-range is Infinity MRS drivers flat diaphragm as used in the new Prelude series - these have a huge voice coil area providing for 3-4 times the power capacity as compared to ordinary dynamic drivers. The mid-bass unit is 8" JL audio W7 woofers used up to about 160Hz. The W7 woofers are limited to 70Hz lower cut off in my speakers crossed to 15" Audio Pulse AXIS woofers. However, Randy will be using without the lower modules - so the 8" W7 units will be running down to about 35Hz. They still have very ample output (comparable to a very good 12" traditional subwoofer driver) in this capacity.

The unit has huge 3" radius on side edges to prevent diffraction anomalies.

The cabinet is a double layered constrain layer construction (3/4" birch ply - 1/4" Dynamat or similar layer - 1" oak interior sub layer with extensive matrix bracing every 3" on every axis internally. Cabinet will be audibly inert. The drivers used will only be used in a bandwidth that is far from the first break up modes. That is, the drivers will be used only within their piston behavior bandwidths as to prevent any resonance coloration from occurring. This will insure no source of resonance; neither cabinet born nor driver born.

I will providing full set of measurements and pictures on this site when complete.

-Chris

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Rob, these speakers are probably same design that will be used in my new mains (which will not be built for some time to come of course, as I have to complete Randy's and Matt's speakers first), but this speaker is intended to be modular (mid/treble/midbass unit sitting on a bass unit), but Randy is only getting the upper part. It will offer dual mode ability; monopolar or omnipolar virtual mode, by way of mirrored treble and mid-range units on the front and back of unit and a switch + dual compensation modes programmed into the active crossover unit for each mode. The drivers used have unusual dispersion, that is, off axis response up to 15khz at 75 degrees +/- (150 degree window) is almost unchanged. No nulls, no roll off; just identical response at all positions. With the front and back activated at the same time, you end up with full omnipolar type radiation. The drivers used also have incredible dynamic abilities: mid-range is Infinity MRS drivers flat diaphragm as used in the new Prelude series - these have a huge voice coil area providing for 3-4 times the power capacity as compared to ordinary dynamic drivers. The mid-bass unit is 8" JL audio W7 woofers used up to about 160Hz. The W7 woofers are limited to 70Hz lower cut off in my speakers crossed to 15" Audio Pulse AXIS woofers. However, Randy will be using without the lower modules - so the 8" W7 units will be running down to about 35Hz. They still have very ample output (comparable to a very good 12" traditional subwoofer driver) in this capacity.

The unit has huge 3" radius on side edges to prevent diffraction anomalies.

The cabinet is a double layered constrain layer construction (3/4" birch ply - 1/4" Dynamat or similar layer - 1" oak interior sub layer with extensive matrix bracing every 3" on every axis internally. Cabinet will be audibly inert. The drivers used will only be used in a bandwidth that is far from the first break up modes. That is, the drivers will be used only within their piston behavior bandwidths as to prevent any resonance coloration from occurring. This will insure no source of resonance; neither cabinet born nor driver born.

I will providing full set of measurements and pictures on this site when complete.

-Chris

Drool is now all over my desk! :)

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
So it's mid August now. Are the speakers completed, Randy? If not, what's the explanation?

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
By the lack of response I'll assume the speakers were not yet delivered. Pitty...

I am sorry you had to waste your money and time, Randy. What a shame.

Matt34

Matt34

By the lack of response I'll assume the speakers were not yet delivered. Pitty...

I am sorry you had to waste your money and time, Randy. What a shame.
Randy isn't on here much, might want to drop him a line over at AVS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis