Ben & Jerrys USED to be my favorite...

J

jamie2112

Banned
I got some B&J's Cherry Garcia yesterday and I could not believe how crappy it had become. I am guessing they sold the company or something but I have not had it in a while and got some. Damn was I dissapointed. I bought some Chunky Monkey today( I was thinking of ya Alex) and sure enough same thing totally different taste than I was used too. Now I am very upset my 2 favorite ice cream flavors have gone to hell....Now what do I do? Has anyone else noticed this problem? I also used to love Bryers ice cream until they sold the company to good humer now that sucks too.....AAAGGGGGHHHHHH oh well I guess I'll eat cake instead.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry that your favorites aren't the same. Truly. That happened to me with my favorite pizza place in my home town. It's kind of a crushing blow, actually.

I just checked the web, and B&Js was bought out in 2000. I don't know if they changed the formulas. I don't think that I've ever had B&Js before. I just started eating Breyers last year, and I think that it's pretty good. I like being able to pronounce all of the ingredients (their commercials when I was growing up are starting to ring true now).

J

jamie2112

Banned
Adam Breyers used to be the best ever!!!! It was bought by Unilever that owns good humor and has since changed their recipe.......sucks, but at least hersheys won't ever change....:cool:;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Unilever? They bought B&Js, too. I guess the same company is screwing up both of your favorites.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you in LA still? And I don't mean Lethbridge, Alberta.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, maybe it's an east coast west coast thing. I'm suppose to stay away from that stuff.
Especially ice cream now that I think of it. Dairy fat and sugar. :eek:
Man, if you ever quit smoking you'll see what I'm talking about.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Try to find a Cold Stone Creamary or a Marble Slab. Their Sweet Cream is to die fo and they can mix in anything you could ever want.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Try to find a Cold Stone Creamary or a Marble Slab. Their Sweet Cream is to die fo and they can mix in anything you could ever want.
I'm not a sweets guy, but my friends absolutely swear by Cold Stone. And yeah, the sweet cream is the one that's recommended. My friend has even got some in the freezer.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that Unilever has (strange timing with this thread) now screwed me, as well. I used to love Starbucks Java Chip ice cream. One of my few guilty pleasures. Well, not Unilever makes their ice cream - and no more Java Chip. Now they have Java Chip Frappaccino as the replacement - more fat, but neither as creamy nor as as good. How they could jack that up, I don't know. It was a big let down when I tried it tonight.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
We have a homemade ice cream shop in Clifton NJ called Apple Gate Farm. Really really good.

I love Cold Stone ice cream.

Any Baskin Robbins? Not my thing, but maybe yours.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Olympic Mountain ice cream. Best ice cream ever! It is produced locally a few miles down the road. It is made in small batches using natural fresh ingredients and it is just so good! They don't sell direct but it's available in a few local stores and some restaraunts. I try not to get it too often because it's expensive and definetely not good for me. :)

When I buy ice cream in the store I usually buy Safeway Select. It's good stuff and they have a variety of flavors. Just bought some Moose Tracks. Yummmm... vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, and chocolate... and more chocolate.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
this is kinda funny

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream
has issued a new flavor, "Barocky Road".

Barocky Road is a blend of half Vanilla, half Chocolate, and surrounded by
Nuts and Flakes.

The Vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and generally ignored as an ingredient.

The Nuts and Flakes are all very bitter and hard to swallow.

The cost is $100.00 per scoop.

When purchased it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone. Then the Ice Cream is taken away and given to the person in line behind you.

Thus you are left with an empty Wallet, no change, holding an empty cone,
with no hope of getting any Ice Cream.

Aren't you feeling stimulated

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis