Please help connect Receiver to Subwoofer

H

Hasan200

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo TX-SR706 Receiver and have problem connecting it to my Definitve Technology Pro Sub 1000 Subwoofer. The Receiver has a single cable output to the sub. But Sub does not have the input for this cable. So I am using the Monster Ultra High Performance Audio Y-Adapter MKII. The problem is that the male end of this cannot be connected to the Subwoofer, as the subwoofer has RCA jackets, which only accept speaker cables through a banana plug or spade. My question is, is there a connector that can be used ot circumvent this proble, or is it that I will have to buy a new sub? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Your sub does have the input for that cable, and you don't need the Monster y-adapter (or any y-adapter). The RCA jack on the back labeled "LFE IN" is the input on the sub that you would use when connecting to the subwoofer output from your receiver. I am basing that statement on the photograph of the inputs for the ProSub 1000 that I found on Amazon. If your inputs look different than that, let me know.

Do you still have the owner's manual for your sub? It should describe how to hook up and set the volume on your sub. If not, let us know and we'll help you through that.

Adam

H

Hasan200

Audiophyte
Thanks Adam, so very much for solving the problem. This was my first attempt at doing it, and your advise was so precious. My son in law (whom I have gifted the system) and I were floored. And help came. Regards
--hasan

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis