giant SB12 (or should I say SB15)

SB12

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
giant SB12

SB12
Okay that's it- I am sending my Pluses back..........LOL!!!!! Just kidding Mike. :p:p Thanks for informing us of this new sub. To be honest, if I were to get a new sub it would have to be the Ultra 13 as it is no real secret. However, I am happy with my Pluses for now anyways. :D:D

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Mike!

By far the thing that catches my attention the most - it's wireless. That would come in very handy for me. I'm not going to replace my Ultra anytime soon - but now I'm thinking about a wireless add-on. I guess that I always thought the sound quality would suffer, but I'll have to look into it a bit.

One thing that I've wondered about with Hsu - why even quote an MSRP when you can only buy these things direct from them?

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
A WIFI sub, who would have thought! :eek:

The rosenut looks gorgeous and it's very conpact too! Can't wait to see actual measurements! I was thinking about spending a grand on a 20-39PC+, I might wait a bit to see how this one measures up! $1299 seems like a great deal if it can surpass the PB13 even!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
How much bigger is the giant SB12 compared to non giant?

Edit: Lol nvm I just got that.

BTW how on earth did they stuff that much specced performance into something that small and sealed as well.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
This sub is very intersting, 15hz -1db is particularly impressive...

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I just showed my wife how big it is and all I had to say was "wireless" for her to approve. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just showed my wife how big it is and all I had to say was "wireless" for her to approve. :D
After the first nine words, that sentence didn't end the way that I was expecting it to...thankfully... :D

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
One thing that I've wondered about with Hsu - why even quote an MSRP when you can only buy these things direct from them?
HSU actually sells their subs in a couple of stores in the US. I think it's only around 5 though.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the wireless thing is great. but the question is, how many transmitters are included in the duals and quads? one for all? or one for each sub? (asking them right now)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
What does "ULF Trim 15 - 50 Hz" mean? Is that a low frequency cutoff or something?

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
What does "ULF Trim 15 - 50 Hz" mean? Is that a low frequency cutoff or something?
Over on the Hsu forum, "Pete_Hsu" says:

"Note that in the 16Hz ULF Trim mode, the subwoofer starts rolling off gently below 16Hz when measured outside and away from reflective boundaries. To take advantage of room gain in small or medium sized rooms, one can adjust the knob to a higher frequency as high as 50Hz. So in many rooms people should get good response down to 10Hz with room gain factored in. In some instances, by utilizing the ULF Trim control to roll off deeper bass, people can get higher output capability over the more common ranges too."

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Nice job HSU.... that nice little sub just opened up the possibilities for me to add single or dual subs to the back of my room, where running cables is almost an impossibility.

I applaud the work... The available finishes are fantastic and a nice touch.
Satin Black standard finish, and several luxury finishes such as
Maple Wood Veneer
Espresso Wood Veneer ----------- NICE
Rosenut Wood Veneer ------------ NICE
Piano Gloss Black

I have been wondering when some of these companies were going to start working with larger drivers.... Its nice to see HSU bring a quality piece to the plate... which is really a spring board for them to produce 18" sealed in the same manor, although plate amps with more power then that aren't really out there, when a sealed 18" would require more....

Nice drivers too... a little resemblance...
ULS15

Tumult MK1

Last edited:
Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Wow...So different from the side firing, rear ported, Turbo VTF-3 HO I had. But I don't need 10 Hz. I played pipe organ music from the Hsu Research disk, and I could not hear a thing, but everything shook in my room, like an earthquake.

BUT...The VTF-3 HO Turbo was VERY MUSICAL. Hope this new 15 is, and I'm sure it will be. Props on the new finishes Dr. Hsu. Killer looking subs :cool: I bet Mike C has several on order :eek:.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I cannot wait for Craig to test these! I hope he goes for the quad setup :eek:. But on the website the single only rated a "3" in loudness on a scale of "4". Quality over quantity? Never the less, one will probably do the trick ;)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I cannot wait for Craig to test these! I hope he goes for the quad setup :eek:. But on the website the single only rated a "3" in loudness on a scale of "4". Quality over quantity? Never the less, one will probably do the trick ;)

Thats probably because they didn't go all the way with an amp, they could have probably givin that sealed driver 1500 to 2000 before it started to sweat. That would have added some SPL...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis