J

Jack N

Audioholic
I bought a fairly new house last summer. It came wired for adding outdoor speakers for the deck - the kind that get mounted to an electrical box (similar to a duplex wall-outlet box) in the outside wall. What is the best sounding outdoor speaker that you've heard that can be mounted this way ? They will be powered by a 130wpc Yamaha receiver. I'm much more interested in sound quality than price.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Nice job Mazer!

So many good suggestions.
I'd have trouble picking just one.
My wife can attest to that.:D

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Man mazer must be drinking some high octane coffee, he's firing on all cylinders!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You trying to make my Dual outdoor speakers look bad? 38 bucks and they sound fine:D
Funny you mention that.
I thought I was the only one that had two pairs outside.

My wife walks around the house counting speakers.:D
I only wish they were $38

J

Jack N

Audioholic
Thanks for all the links, however I was looking to get feedback from people who have actually listened to any given speaker and would recommend them. Any of the ones I've heard so far I haven't been impressed with, although they have been cheap ones.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for all the links, however I was looking to get feedback from people who have actually listened to any given speaker and would recommend them. Any of the ones I've heard so far I haven't been impressed with, although they have been cheap ones.
The Speakercraft speakers I linked are not cheap speakers. They retail over $600 a pair. Or any other speakers I linked.

J

Jack N

Audioholic
I hope you're not misunderstanding me. I didn't mean to imply that the speakers you're pointing out are cheap. I'm looking for recommendations from people who have actually listened to a given speaker. Have you listened to all of these ? And if so, which ones do you recommend ?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I hope you're not misunderstanding me. I didn't mean to imply that the speakers you're pointing out are cheap. I'm looking for recommendations from people who have actually listened to a given speaker. Have you listened to all of these ? And if so, which ones do you recommend ?
Yes I have actually heard these speakers. There is not one bad sounding speaker listed. I recommended all of them for you to seek out, and audition for yourself. I can't pick your speakers, I can only guide you.

Some of these have Stereo L/R inputs so can get stereo sound from one speaker.

J

Jack N

Audioholic
"Yes I have actually heard these speakers. There is not one bad sounding speaker listed."

Great. That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis