Denon DVD and Faroudja/Genesis Chip

U

Unregistered

Just curious if anyone knows the difference between the Genesis Fli2301 and Fli2310? The reason I'm asking is that the Denon DVD-5900 has the Fli2310 and I've read that the only real problem with the player is the pixel-cropping that is inherent to the chip. I am interested in the new Denon DVD-3910. Most of the new Denon DVD's are supposed to have the Fli2301, but it does not exactly say which chip will be in the 3910. The press release states that "it is virtually the same as the 5900 at a lesser price". I'm trying to figure out if the 3910 will have the same pixel cropping problem as the 5900. So, basically I have 2 questions.

1) Does anyone know of the differences between the 2 Genesis chips (which one's newer, which one's better, do both have pixel cropping?)

2) Which chip is the Denon DVD-3910 suppose to have?

Thanks in advance!
(I'll be selling my Denon DVD-2900 if anyone is interested as well, just post and I'll give you details if interested.!)

U

Unregistered

I'm in the market for a DVD player ... I live in Houston :)

What are you asking?

K

Krazykaj

Junior Audioholic
Over at the AVS forums there's plenty to read about the New Denon DVD players as well as the Froudja chips

some links:

AVS (this whole thread is long, but interesting :))

AVS2 (long again, but some info is there that might help)

The FLI2301 chip was especially designed for progressive scan DVD and set top box applications as it incorporates some things not listed under the FLI2310 product brief - namely analogue output YUV/RGB (through the integrated 10-bit DAC) and 525P Macrovision and CGMS-A (NTSC) output support.

The FLI2310 is geared towards digital flat panel TVs and projectors

FLI2301 Product brief

FLI2310 Product brief

I'm fairly certain the new DVD players using DCDi will have the FLI2301 chip. There will be plenty more info after CEDIA.

U

Unregistered

Denon 3910 has the Faroudja DCDi FLI-2310. Se the buttom lines at this page:

http://www.hifiklubben.dk/iz.asp?id=1|p|28|28|5586|pdetail

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis