Perlisten r7t vs paradigm persona 7 or 9

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Anyone know which is better or done a comparison?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have heard a bunch of speakers from both manufacturers, and my preference would be Perlisten by far, although the Personas are pretty darn good.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Curious since I have not seen any comparison yet. I love my r7t, r5c, r4s, d212s!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably as much experience between the two around here as you're going to get as shadyJ is one of the few to experience, let alone review, each....

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
I have heard a bunch of speakers from both manufacturers, and my preference would be Perlisten by far, although the Personas are pretty darn good.
Any suggestions on some best amps to run on the perlisten? Thanks

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Pretty much any of the hypex Ncore class d amps. They are the epitome of bench measurements. Run much smaller and much cooler. Can now get even more insanely perfect bench measurements with the new Hypex NcoreX line. Several excellent companies assemble these. Cheapest would be Buckeye amps—plain cases but US assembled. Better cases from French (apollon amps) and British (Nord Audio) companies.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
B
Pretty much any of the hypex Ncore class d amps. They are the epitome of bench measurements. Run much smaller and much cooler. Can now get even more insanely perfect bench measurements with the new Hypex NcoreX line. Several excellent companies assemble these. Cheapest would be Buckeye amps—plain cases but US assembled. Better cases from French (apollon amps) and British (Nord Audio) companies.
never heard of besides buckeye

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any suggestions on some best amps to run on the perlisten? Thanks
I had some S7ts in house and I used a Parasound JC 5 which was a killer combination. Perlisten speakers don't have weird impedance loads so any good amp will do. Parasound, Yamaha, Denon, ATI, etc.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
I had some S7ts in house and I used a Parasound JC 5 which was a killer combination. Perlisten speakers don't have weird impedance loads so any good amp will do. Parasound, Yamaha, Denon, ATI, etc.
I’m currently running some xpr1’s on them that I’ve had.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You mean Yamaha and Denon AVRs?

Since neither Denon nor Yamaha currently sells consumer amps. Marantz has the new AMP-10 16Ch amp.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m currently running some xpr1’s on them that I’ve had.
IMO, when people have a lot of money in their budget, they will probably buy McIntosh or Bryston. If they don't want to spend that much money, then the next price class would be ATI, Parasound, Anthem, NAD, Rotel.

Below that price class would be Emotiva, Buckeye and some other less expensive amps.

So talk to your dealers to see what kind of prices you are willing to spend.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
Love my anthem avm 70. Parasound good stuff and Macintosh.

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
This will be for movies basically. I’ll need amp for 2 r7t, r5c, 2 r4s. Subs running 2 d212s.

will eventually add heights/atmos speakers 2 in front and 2 in back.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This will be for movies basically. I’ll need amp for 2 r7t, r5c, 2 r4s. Subs running 2 d212s.

will eventually add heights/atmos speakers 2 in front and 2 in back.
I'll be buying some new amps soon and though I love the look of McIntosh but there's a reason I've sold off my entire of their collection years ago, I'm not lifting 100# 2 channel amps ever again :p .
I'll be buying hypex based rackmount amps, just haven't decided from whom. You can't argue with cheap, insanely clean, big power, and those aren't even the TOTL Nila's.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
From Nord in England. Just example of prices. This is an excellent company that is very responsive.
also have option for US repair and customs for only 10 euros and you can extend your two year warranty to 5.
Just an example. Buckeye will be slightly cheaper and Apollon more expensive.

They all use the same modules so you should buy for customer service and case appearance.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Just note with Hypex and all amps for that matter, make sure the gain settings match up to your preamp ouput. Most *Hypex/Purifi* manufacturers offer different opamps to meet your particular needs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis