Which for ceiling dolby atmos 6'5 or 8in yamaha

M

minhanh

Audiophyte
I have been stressed pick out a decent ceiling atmos speakers! Any suggestions is appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
As mentioned in your other thread, these are fine for effects channels, as are any other brand of in ceiling speakers. You might want to read the atmos setup and spec info. It tells you the operating range for the down firing speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Since Atmos called for wide-dispersion speakers for the height channels, go for the 6.5" speakers, it might have slightly wider dispersion than the 8".

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I recently installed four Polk MC60 (6.5" driver) in my 5.1.4 set-up. Very pleased with the results.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Since Atmos called for wide-dispersion speakers for the height channels, go for the 6.5" speakers, it might have slightly wider dispersion than the 8".
Just curious. Would this be dependent on ceiling height? As in, a higher ceiling would allow the larger speaker proper dispersion?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yeah, this is all assuming an 8 ft ceiling. If you have a higher ceiling, than a speaker with a narrower dispersion will have wider coverage.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis