and we thought cable break in was nuts ...............

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
A lot of the reasoning is based off of an appeal to antiquity. Tubes, fuses, vinyl, break-in, warm-up et al.

Like I've said before. If I'm spending 5 figures on a cable, how much more do I need to spend on instant break in, and not need cable risers?

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
Wouldnt it be funny if several purchasers of the product fried their electronics because although the fuse did all kinds of wondrous and magical things to the music, it failed to limit the current going into the device in which it was placed. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
Scanning electron micrograph of the unobtanium 3 used in the tiny little fuse element. The amazing thing about unobtanium 3, besides it's outlandish cost, is that like copper... it conducts electricity.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Wouldnt it be funny if several purchasers of the product fried their electronics because although the fuse did all kinds of wondrous and magical things to the music, it failed to limit the current going into the device in which it was placed. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Aaah, you guys... You really don't know how these things work, now do ya?! NO way it'll burn out because it is:

2nd Stage Rev. 2.0 Molecular realignment process

After you realign molecules in unobtanium 3 (well, in fact any unobtanium from Lv. 3 on), nothing can fry the fuse. The thunder might strike directly in to your system, everything may fry but the fuse will live on. It is THAT good.

Later edit: I didn't want go over the line with those nincompoops at What's Best Forum, but I think you'll agree that breakin' in fuses comes nowhere near breaking in kids. Now, you might say they were only joking for sure, but the pride that the parents express is giving me the goosebumps. I think we might actually have some cult-like behavior clearly expressed. I swear, during the communist era, back then, the hardest comrades weren't so proud when their kids joined the party.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sensitive semiconductor devices will do a fine job of protecting that fuse from failure! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
When Sansui was troweling out their R-series receivers, they blew up very frequently and the shop I worked for repaired a lot of them. One day, we were talking about the problems and one of the service techs said "They put those output transistors in to protect the fuses". Another time, one of the guys answered the phone and was asked "Do you repair Sansui?", to which he replied "All the time". She then said "Oh, good- I'll bring it in", not realizing exactly how he meant that comment.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
"They put those output transistors in to protect the fuses"

That's one of the Murphy's laws.

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
Just bought one for my $79.00 Technics receiver. It sounds 150% better now, thus justifying the price I paid. Apparently this fuse not only removes any and all signals that are not pure 60 hz from the electrical supply input, even though it has traveled though thousands of miles of "just plain aluminum and/or copper" and picked up all kinds of bizarre electrical viruses and bacteria. Amazing feat. But even more amazing, is that somehow - and this information is confidential - it affects how the electrical device you put it into works, even though it is only on the power input side of the device. It somehow changes the nature of the 60 hz AC current so that, even AFTER your devices input capacitors completely change the signal to DC (a novice might assume that any benefits would be lost at that point) it then causes the electrical devices internal components to act differently than they were designed and engineered. The result is sublime musical perfection. The diamond crystalline clear sounds emanate from a dead silent background and I mean silent like the universe prior to the big bang. I did a REW graph of the frequency response after putting in the fuse (it seems such a shame to call it fuse since its really more of a magic wand) and the graph was literally a flat line from 0 to 100K hz. I mean flat plus or minus 0 db

It was a tough choice. The fuse above is the Blue Fuse. But apparently they have a Black Fuse too which uses Quantum Inductive Coupling. I looked up the technology and found it pretty much has nothing to do with what they claim to be using it for, but....it sounds SO COOL!! However, I bought the Blue fuse because it was more expensive and thus must be better.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm going to create an amp that cost $15,000 a channel, weighs 125Lbs, and needs 17 fuses per side.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Just bought one for my $79.00 Technics receiver. It sounds 150% better now, thus justifying the price I paid. Apparently this fuse not only removes any and all signals that are not pure 60 hz from the electrical supply input, even though it has traveled though thousands of miles of "just plain aluminum and/or copper" and picked up all kinds of bizarre electrical viruses and bacteria. Amazing feat. But even more amazing, is that somehow - and this information is confidential - it affects how the electrical device you put it into works, even though it is only on the power input side of the device. It somehow changes the nature of the 60 hz AC current so that, even AFTER your devices input capacitors completely change the signal to DC (a novice might assume that any benefits would be lost at that point) it then causes the electrical devices internal components to act differently than they were designed and engineered. The result is sublime musical perfection. The diamond crystalline clear sounds emanate from a dead silent background and I mean silent like the universe prior to the big bang. I did a REW graph of the frequency response after putting in the fuse (it seems such a shame to call it fuse since its really more of a magic wand) and the graph was literally a flat line from 0 to 100K hz. I mean flat plus or minus 0 db

It was a tough choice. The fuse above is the Blue Fuse. But apparently they have a Black Fuse too which uses Quantum Inductive Coupling. I looked up the technology and found it pretty much has nothing to do with what they claim to be using it for, but....it sounds SO COOL!! However, I bought the Blue fuse because it was more expensive and thus must be better.
I got one and I don't like it. I did some testing and found that the power supply in my amplifier is now operating at 61 Hz and everything sounds weird.

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
I got one and I don't like it. I did some testing and found that the power supply in my amplifier is now operating at 61 Hz and everything sounds weird.
I called the people at Sinergystic Research about your problem. They rudely told me "Thats impossible because it's a passive device. And even if it were true, your input capacitors would ignore it when it changed the current input to DC which is what your device actually uses to operate". Then they asked me if I was "some kind of idiot". I felt a bit foolish for asking and apologized for questioning them. After all, they are the technology experts.

However, after about 400 hrs of break in I noticed a slight problem myself. The music started sounding just a bit on the "bright" side. I did another REW curve and noticed the previous ruler flat curve had a .25 db peak at 35K -36K hz. I called Sinergistic about this and this time, surprisingly, they were very receptive to my dilemma. They completely understood how this could be annoying and called me a "true audiophile". They politely suggested another 500 hrs of break in and then told me about a newer more advanced model they were working on that could correct this and would be available soon for $300. Its the new Purple Fuse which uses Teleporter technology and actually teleports the electricity instead of using a conductor. They were quite excited about this proprietary technology and so now I guess I am too. I can't wait!

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
It amazes me what nonsense people are willing to perpetuate just to save from having a real job.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
I wonder if this companies customers know that the Fuse they are paying for is not going to do anything to correct their biggest issue. They have an open between EA-R1 and EA-R2... Absolutely no connection between those two contacts...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis