Audyssey Editor App- With Screenshots!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, any word from engineering at marantz?

It looks like the app is still at version 1.1.0 in the App Store. Did they somehow directly send you 1.1.2?

BTW, great thread. My 4300h shows up tomorrow and my interest regarding audyssey and the app are pegged at the rev limiter.:cool:
I don't think they just sent it to me. They did ask me for a copy of my .ady file and I sent that in last week. I got this response 3 days ago:

"Hi Jason,
I received the .ady file and sent it to Engineering for review. I will let you know when I get a response.
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

I haven't tried using it in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll try it out when I do some measurements again. This is the version that shows in the info section of the app.
Screenshot_2017-08-28-21-50-15-1024x640.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think they just sent it to me. They did ask me for a copy of my .ady file and I sent that in last week. I got this response 3 days ago:

"Hi Jason,
I received the .ady file and sent it to Engineering for review. I will let you know when I get a response.
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

I haven't tried using it in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll try it out when I do some measurements again. This is the version that shows in the info section of the app.
View attachment 22065
Okay, it's been 12 days since this last bit of correspondence and I haven't heard anything. I just sent another email to him right now.

"Haven't heard anything recently. Would like to have an app that actually works as advertised. I'm beginning to feel like I'm a beta tester..."

This is really beginning to aggravate me. With all the experimenting and measuring I've been doing, having the ability to save and upload multiple files would be fantastic. If I can't trust the accuracy of the room correction tho, it's absolutely no good to me whatsoever. #usless

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Okay, it's been 12 days since this last bit of correspondence and I haven't heard anything. I just sent another email to him right now.

"Haven't heard anything recently. Would like to have an app that actually works as advertised. I'm beginning to feel like I'm a beta tester..."

This is really beginning to aggravate me. With all the experimenting and measuring I've been doing, having the ability to save and upload multiple files would be fantastic. If I can't trust the accuracy of the room correction tho, it's absolutely no good to me whatsoever. #usless
It's like it was pseudoscience wrapped in slick marketing, or something!

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
@Pogre

So what's the deal with the app on your end? I've been following some folks on AVS who've had both success and struggles. Overall it seems like it's just not quite ready for prime time quite yet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Phew. Well to sum it up, I get a different set of filters using the app editor to calibrate than I do just using my receiver itself.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I downloaded the app and got a refund within 15 min. It throws communication errors after the first mic position. Not even worth messing with until they update it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
"Hi Jason,
I'll put in a request for you to get a refund. I just need the Order ID from the App purchase.
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

Thus ends this chapter in the saga of my audio life. Bummer. I had high hopes for this app.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
"Hi Jason,
I'll put in a request for you to get a refund. I just need the Order ID from the App purchase.
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

Thus ends this chapter in the saga of my audio life. Bummer. I had high hopes for this app.
That is sad to see!
Essentially, I would interpret that to mean:
"We do not have a good enough handle on the problem to have a time frame for correction"

... With all the experimenting and measuring I've been doing, having the ability to save and upload multiple files would be fantastic. If I can't trust the accuracy of the room correction tho, it's absolutely no good to me whatsoever. #usless
So you can't have the AVR do the room correction, then save the results through the App?
Are you required to use the app for room correction in order to access the features of the app?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That is sad to see!
Essentially, I would interpret that to mean:
"We do not have a good enough handle on the problem to have a time frame for correction"

So you can't have the AVR do the room correction, then save the results through the App?
Are you required to use the app for room correction in order to access the features of the app?
Yup. You are required to take measurements for room correction before using it... I think. You know, I don't think I ever tried.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, there's no way to upload from the receiver to the app. Also interesting to note, this is what I got when I was looking through the menus:

Screenshot_2017-10-10-17-06-43-1024x640.png

I didn't bother opening it back up. Now I need to find that stupid id number he's talking about.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
One would think D&M has all the resource they need to fix the app. I wonder if someone got fired for this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One would think D&M has all the resource they need to fix the app. I wonder if someone got fired for this.
One of the versions of D+M that started this journey or the current D+M? :) With all the management/ownership changes who knows if the someone even made it to the current version of the company?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Welp! There goes another reason I was using to convince myself I needed to "upgrade" the X4000. :mad::mad: FU new D&M.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Welp! There goes another reason I was using to convince myself I needed to "upgrade" the X4000. :mad::mad: FU new D&M.
If ya really need the 4k/HDMI latest and greatest they're still viable but this Audyssey app thing seems to have been caught in the crossover in latest ownership (and only a guess due to being involved in corporate take-overs that this is a factor). Audyssey seems to have gone the way of others towards the automotive/mobile market for revenues in any case.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If ya really need the 4k/HDMI latest and greatest they're still viable but this Audyssey app thing seems to have been caught in the crossover in latest ownership (and only a guess due to being involved in corporate take-overs that this is a factor). Audyssey seems to have gone the way of others towards the automotive/mobile market for revenues in any case.
Nope. Not taking the UHD plunge just yet. I'll be getting a BenQ HT2050 on closeout or Sony HW40ES on eBay to hold me off a couple of years.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed. A crappy app does not turn me from D&M. I'll get my money back. They still make awesome receivers and I still really like what Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ do for my room. I shall not be recommending the app to anyone tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will say to Marantz's credit, they did reach out to me this last email exchange. He asked if I'd had any luck with it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed. A crappy app does not turn me from D&M. I'll get my money back. They still make awesome receivers and I still really like what Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ do for my room. I shall not be recommending the app to anyone tho.
Yep me either as a choice for the avrs compatible with the app particularly. Disappointing to an extent, but then again so were may avr manufacturers' implementation of the potential of Audyssey as well.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I found that id number he was asking for and replied. I had to add a little of my own .02 of course...

"Took a little digging, but I think I found it.
GPA.****-****-****-****

I would just like to reiterate, I want this app to work. I'm very into hifi audio and have thousands of dollars in audio gear, a mic and measuring equipment. If the app were working properly I would find it very useful. I have a feeling this is an issue for a lot more folks than just me that don't even even realize it. Not everyone has an ear for this stuff, or the measuring equipment to check results. If there ever is a "fix" for this I would give it another go. As it is, I believe a little more testing should have been done before releasing this app."

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yet another reason I hate all the lazy developers/manufacturers etc, for launching half baked crap to beta test on the public.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis