Help me build a home audio system!

Q

Quace

Audiophyte
I'm building a house. I want to set up some speakers but don't know exactly what I need. I want to have speakers in the living room, master bedroom, outside and master bath. looking for a very good inexpensive system.

living room is 19x22 open into the kitchen
Master Bedroom is 22x16
outside 2 to 4 speakers
master bath just 1 speaker

I would like to be able to control the music/channel with my phone but the volume and which rooms are on could be with switches or a panel.
Any advice is appreciated.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Very good, inexpensive, multiroom system? Do you have a realistic budget? How many speakers total? Is the living room surround? In wall, in ceiling, in room?

Q

Quace

Audiophyte
$2000 to $4000 if possible. I'm thinking 4 living room 1 kitchen 2 master 2 outside and 1 master bath. I would like to have the bath play its own independent source. The other speakers can all play the same source if need be but want volume controls for each room. living room not surround.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
$2000 to $4000 if possible. I'm thinking 4 living room 1 kitchen 2 master 2 outside and 1 master bath. I would like to have the bath play its own independent source. The other speakers can all play the same source if need be but want volume controls for each room. living room not surround.
So am I to assume you want in ceiling speakers? If I am to assume who is going to do the wiring? Should I assume this is all for background music?

Q

Quace

Audiophyte
Yes ceiling speakers I will do the wiring. Just background music

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Ok where we are:

1. 10 Speakers total, 2 being single stereo speakers
for kitchen bath
2. Control via phone / tablet
Do you want in wall control for any zones?

3. Multi source (do you have sources, which ones?)

4. Self wiring
Self setup?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis