Onkyo TX-NR555 buzzing noise

C

Caplaur

Audiophyte
Hi everybody,

My Onkyo tx-nr555 receiver (bought 2 months ago) is making a loud buzzing noise when it's started.
The buzzing decreases and eventually disappears after 40-50 mins. If I shut down the receiver and power on again the buzzing starts again. The noise is coming only from the receiver not from the speakers (5.1 system). Even if I disconnect all devices (TV, BluRay, Streambox, speakers) the noise is still there.
Every time it's the same pattern, he buzzing decreases gradually but it takes about 40 to 50 minutes to stop.

Any ideas what this could be ?

Thank you very much.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi everybody,

My Onkyo tx-nr555 receiver (bought 2 months ago) is making a loud buzzing noise when it's started.
The buzzing decreases and eventually disappears after 40-50 mins. If I shut down the receiver and power on again the buzzing starts again. The noise is coming only from the receiver not from the speakers (5.1 system). Even if I disconnect all devices (TV, BluRay, Streambox, speakers) the noise is still there.
Every time it's the same pattern, he buzzing decreases gradually but it takes about 40 to 50 minutes to stop.

Any ideas what this could be ?

Thank you very much.
You have an improperly potted power transformer. The core can vibrate at 60 Hz mains frequency.
As the transformer windings and core heat up expansion takes place and tightens things up and the buzz stops.

This is a faulty power transformer and your receiver needs replacement under warranty.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Contact Onkyo warranty service would be my next step unless the retailer wants to run interference for you....

C

Caplaur

Audiophyte
Thank you very much for all replies, I have contacted Onkyo and they sent me to a service center.

C

Caplaur

Audiophyte
You have an improperly potted power transformer. The core can vibrate at 60 Hz mains frequency.
As the transformer windings and core heat up expansion takes place and tightens things up and the buzz stops.

This is a faulty power transformer and your receiver needs replacement under warranty.
You were right, I'm back from service center, they replaced the transformer.

Thanks again

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You were right, I'm back from service center, they replaced the transformer.

Thanks again
Thanks for the feedback.

We do have to play "Stump the Chump" here frequently.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis