RE: JL F113 have served me well but it is time to try and make some room for Captivator 4000ULFs

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
I may regret it if I blow my house apart but I am going to try to sell my (2) F113's up here locally (Bismarck, ND) and purchase (2) Captivator 4000ULFs from JTR to replace them.

Hindsight 2020 I should not have been an advice-hole and went this route the first time since space wasn't an issue.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I may regret it if I blow my house apart but I am going to try to sell my (2) F113's up here locally (Bismarck, ND) and purchase (2) Captivator 4000ULFs from JTR to replace them.

Hindsight 2020 I should not have been an advice-hole and went this route the first time since space wasn't an issue.
Why, what's wrong with them? You're not getting enough bass/low frequencies with the JL's?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Personally, I prefer passive subs + external amps, but your JL's are pretty good subs.

I'm sure this is just purely 100% upgrade fever? :D

Are you using the Audyssey Dynamic EQ with your JL's?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Probably, but it's going from asprin to 60mg oxy :p
That's okay if you only have a tiny paper cut on your finger. :D

But seriously, I think it's more like going from 30 mg Oxycodone to 60 mg Oxycodone.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's okay if you only have a tiny paper cut on your finger. :D

But seriously, I think it's more like going from 30 mg Oxycodone to 60 mg Oxycodone.
Guess it's all relative then, but I'd "maybe" assume that the high wouldn't be as intense. I like the JL, but the JTR will make you sick to your stomach literally :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Guess it's all relative then, but I'd "maybe" assume that the high wouldn't be as intense. I like the JL, but the JTR will make you sick to your stomach literally :D
No question the Captivator is a 265-pound monster. Definitely needs a few guys to handle that. Could hurt yourself. :eek:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I asked Jeff how he manages to move that thing around, he says its not bad when you walk it to position. Lifting it is impossible, of course, at least for a single person. Even with two people something like a shoulder dolly system is needed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm living vicariously through this thread. I'm not sure I'd have room for a pair of those in my room and I have a decently large room!

T

TravisAC

Audiophyte
When I watch Netflix all I can hear is the background sounds not any of the voices, does anyone know how to fix this?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Umm... wrong thread? lol

Sounds like you're missing center channel information.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know. I think your setup is quite a bit different from mine. That's why I didn't reply in your other thread.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis