Hot damn! Got my plasma fixed.

B

Brian King

Audioholic Intern
At the end of June I posted about the failed power supply on my Samsung 8500 series plasma TV. After weeks of scouring Craigslist, eBay, and the 'net in general, I managed to locate a NEW power supply board. Installed it today and it works! The only thing I have left is to update the firmware. I've gone through the Samsung website with little luck (not surprising). Anyone have any ideas?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
At the end of June I posted about the failed power supply on my Samsung 8500 series plasma TV. After weeks of scouring Craigslist, eBay, and the 'net in general, I managed to locate a NEW power supply board. Installed it today and it works! The only thing I have left is to update the firmware. I've gone through the Samsung website with little luck (not surprising). Anyone have any ideas?
Well done locating the board. If the TV is working, I would not attempt to update the software.

The only functionality a TV needs is the on/off button.

B

Brian King

Audioholic Intern
Well done locating the board. If the TV is working, I would not attempt to update the software.

The only functionality a TV needs is the on/off button.
Well that eases my mind. I'm pretty stoked since the original board was lost in the great beyond and everyone I asked (including Samsung) said new power supplies were unobtanium.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis