Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't accept that kind of language in conversation. Weather I agree with them or not.
Well I can tell you that you and I would never hang out! I use profane descriptors quite often.

I never understood how someone can be offended by profanity. It's pretty silly, really and I don't really feel I should have to censor myself for others.

@rojo that was a fun read! Tinfoil and coat hangers... Who'da thunk?

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Well I can tell you that you and I would never hang out! I use profane descriptors quite often.

I never understood how someone can be offended by profanity. It's pretty silly, really and I don't really feel I should have to censor myself for others.

@rojo that was a fun read! Tinfoil and coat hangers... Who'da thunk?

I did not say I was offended.

"name calling and self promoting, not to mention the vulgarity I found it,as I said, not educated."

Why would I want to hang out with someone who promotes himself as uneducated?

I am not saying that @rojo is uneducated because of one locker room post but I am suspect of people who applaud such postings and think profanity a proficient means of communication.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sorry @eljr. I didn't realize my use of that colorful metaphor would become such a big deal or would offend anyone. I edited it out.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
to quote "aka Transparent Self-Positioning Speaker Wire Levitation Ribbon from the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing company." That's tin foil described in true audiophool fashion.
Actually, he is referring to the packing tape in that quote! :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I did not say I was offended.

"name calling and self promoting, not to mention the vulgarity I found it,as I said, not educated."

Why would I want to hang out with someone who promotes himself as uneducated?

I am not saying that @rojo is uneducated because of one locker room post but I am suspect of people who applaud such postings and think profanity a proficient means of communication.
https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
On the subject of profanity, have you ever spoken to a native Australian? They are so much more profane than most Americans.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It makes sense if you think about it. Not using a portion of a language doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The english language is so versatile and descriptive, why would you strip it down and limit your vocabulary?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I had to like this post because it make me chuckle.

Way out of context. Did you read the link?

:D
I read the link months ago when it came out, and it instantly reminded me of an Australian coworker of mine. Then I thought it would go well as a counterpoint to what you were saying.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, maybe 4 years ago before I knew better! :oops:
You know, without the information I have now, I could see me getting sucked into it. Actually, I did get sucked into it about 15 years ago. I spent a couple hundred dollars on 6 Monster rca cables. One of them was 20' long, but still... expensive mistake. I bought some nice rca's from Blue Jeans cable and hdmi from monoprice. No difference that I can tell.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis