Integra vs Onkyo - What's the difference?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Either you're joking or the point about part screening isn't being understood.
No, I understand exactly what you are saying, but I was assured that it is not the constant procedure.
Now, as to know if this is true or not, I'm staying out of it.
And to be quite honest with you, my dear Adam, I don't give a dam rat.

Seems to me that from the beginning of this thread, it's only subjective opinions and it will go nowhere.

As for me, I'll stick 100% with Onkyos. I don't see the need to pay more for the same product, just to pay the dealer more. It's a waste of my money and intelligence.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
My regards to you gentleman.

^ It is indeed. ;)

Regards to you Adam, Isiberian and Seth=L, and also to anamorphic96 and the OP,

Bob

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have Miller & Kreisel speakers, and I don't know anything about them. They don't even have a support site up.:(
I'm groggy from a nap, so I'm probably missing a joke. I thought that he was talking about Miller beer. :)

S

Sooneroutlaw

Audiophyte
I have sold and owned both Onkyo and Integra products. I even sold Onkyo when there wasn't any such thing as Integra. Back in the early 80's, the INTEGRA stamp was only placed on the top of the line Onkyo separates. Integra, to this day, is Onkyo's higher end product. The Onkyo line is excellent, but the Integra line is slightly better. The Onkyo receivers have had several problems over the past few years, while the Integra line hasn't. The power supplies in the Integra receivers have larger, more robust power supplies, making them perform better when listening to music. As mentioned a thousand times, they also carry a better warranty. Integra is meant to be sold to integrators and self serving dealers, not over the internet. It is also NOT mass produced, making the quality control significantly better.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I have experience with both brands from the past with "equivalent" models of CD players. The specs are the same. They sound the same (which even Onkyo/Integra says, but they also sound the same to me, though my Apogee Stage speakers). But the Integra is better built and I am still using it, after the Onkyo has been thrown away. The difference in quality is subtle, but is just enough to make an actual difference. I think Onkyo sometimes cuts corners just a bit too much, and I have not seen that in Integra. Judging from all the reliability complaints that I have read about some Onkyo products, I am not alone in noticing that they sometimes cut corners too much.

As far as receivers go, I prefer Yamaha. Great reliability, good price and good feature set.

H

Hyfi

Enthusiast
I have sold and owned both Onkyo and Integra products. I even sold Onkyo when there wasn't any such thing as Integra. Back in the early 80's, the INTEGRA stamp was only placed on the top of the line Onkyo separates. Integra, to this day, is Onkyo's higher end product. The Onkyo line is excellent, but the Integra line is slightly better. The Onkyo receivers have had several problems over the past few years, while the Integra line hasn't. The power supplies in the Integra receivers have larger, more robust power supplies, making them perform better when listening to music. As mentioned a thousand times, they also carry a better warranty. Integra is meant to be sold to integrators and self serving dealers, not over the internet. It is also NOT mass produced, making the quality control significantly better.
In the beginning of Integra, it was similar to Sony and Sony ES. If you got an Integra unit, it said Onkyo Integra on it. At some point they spun things so as to only put Onkyo or Integra but not both. I still own an older Cassette Deck that is an Onkyo Integra, and an HT unit that is Integra only.

MarkU

MarkU

Audiophyte
Hi thanks for having me! Been an electronics, music, movie and HT etc.. enthusiast since my teens. My question(s) are 4 all to weigh in on,thx. I've got an aging main HT, receiver is over a decade old: Integra 5 or 6.x, sorry must take prescribed Rx's that affect memory. I also have a new Onkyo sound bar w/Dolby Atmos/DTS-X in my 2nd HT(I now wish I'd gotten a receiver, speakers instead), but it's my bedroom so I thought I wouldn't need all that. Should've know me better, it's just not enough 3.1.2., want true surround sound/power & u can't add back/more speakers 2this SB. So my question b/c I must replace the Integra very soon, remote just totally stopped, b4 it was severely limited, never was good. Biggest reason is it's acting old/weirdly as if there are ghosts pushing buttons/inputs, turning it on/off at times, lol seriously. It's also b4 HDMI, so... With the above comments I'm curious to know if you all do, what kind of "premium" would I pay if I again bought an Integra."Gramophone"(the dealer/installer)here in MD I used 4 my 1st HT sells them. The receiver has been great, so I'd be open. I'd just like to know going in, if it's 1,got truly better internals 2, what % a premium might I pay? Thanks in advance for your info/help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi thanks for having me! Been an electronics, music, movie and HT etc.. enthusiast since my teens. My question(s) are 4 all to weigh in on,thx. I've got an aging main HT, receiver is over a decade old: Integra 5 or 6.x, sorry must take prescribed Rx's that affect memory. I also have a new Onkyo sound bar w/Dolby Atmos/DTS-X in my 2nd HT(I now wish I'd gotten a receiver, speakers instead), but it's my bedroom so I thought I wouldn't need all that. Should've know me better, it's just not enough 3.1.2., want true surround sound/power & u can't add back/more speakers 2this SB. So my question b/c I must replace the Integra very soon, remote just totally stopped, b4 it was severely limited, never was good. Biggest reason is it's acting old/weirdly as if there are ghosts pushing buttons/inputs, turning it on/off at times, lol seriously. It's also b4 HDMI, so... With the above comments I'm curious to know if you all do, what kind of "premium" would I pay if I again bought an Integra."Gramophone"(the dealer/installer)here in MD I used 4 my 1st HT sells them. The receiver has been great, so I'd be open. I'd just like to know going in, if it's 1,got truly better internals 2, what % a premium might I pay? Thanks in advance for your info/help!
I think its mostly marketing and/or installer friendly stuff traditionally. Just their upper end brand of the two. You might check out the refurbs available at accessories4less.com
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html?brand_f[]=INTEGRA

@zieglj01 just picked up one at great discount and is pretty happy with it....

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The receiver has been great, so I'd be open. I'd just like to know going in, if it's 1,got truly better internals 2, what % a premium might I pay? Thanks in advance for your info/help!
If you are not looking for 4k video or Atmos, then the Integra 50.3 is a good option -- when you enter it in the cart, it should deduct another 20% off the $399 price.

My 50.2 came with the latest firmware update -- was packaged well and looks really nice -- and it is performing like new.

AC4L is a good company with good customer service.

MarkU

MarkU

Audiophyte
If you are not looking for 4k video or Atmos, then the Integra 50.3 is a good option -- when you enter it in the cart, it should deduct another 20% off the $399 price.

My 50.2 came with the latest firmware update -- was packaged well and looks really nice -- and it is performing like new.

AC4L is a good company with good customer service.
Hi, Thanks a lot for the info! I would definitely get a receiver for my main HT w/4K,HDR pass through, Atmos & DTS-X. Not b/c I must have all bells & whistles, but to future proof as much as possible. My Integra has lasted over a decade, that's forever in A/V world so I want it 2b as useful for as long as possible w/o having to buy every adapter b/c it's not got this or that, lol. It's crazy what we A/V enthusiasts will do...tc

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis