Best Speakers for Denon AVR x3300w

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Hi everyone. I am a novice to the world of home theatres. Some may be even amused to hear that so far, as a beginner, I had been using a Yamaha Rx V750 AVR with Creative P7800 7.1 speakers to satisfy my needs in my 15' x 12' room. Finally I have got myself a Denon Avr x3300w. I plan to build a Dolby Atmos setup gradually as my budget permits. I am thinking of keeping Elac Debut F5, C5 and S10, Fluance Bipolars as back surround channels and Elevation speakers like SVS Prime Elevations to work as my side surround cum height channels. Please help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Whichever ones sound the best to you that you can afford! I shall refer you to Everett's post if you want some suggestions. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It all looks fine except I would not use Bipole speakers in a 7 channel setup. Use monopoles for the surround channels, unless maybe you are seated against the wall. And if you are seated against the wall, you might just thing about skipping surround speakers altogether, they will never sound one-hundred percent right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It all looks fine except I would not use Bipole speakers in a 7 channel setup. Use monopoles for the surround channels, unless maybe you are seated against the wall. And if you are seated against the wall, you might just thing about skipping surround speakers altogether, they will never sound one-hundred percent right.
Assume you mean rear/back surround speakers and not just skipping surround speakers....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The distance between your couch seats and the back surrounds looks a bit short....what is the distance?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can I use Whardale DFS Surrounds for back with Svs Prime Elevation for SideSurround/Atmos Height channel? I don't mind shifting my sofa 2-3 feet forward.

I was just wondering about how much room between the back wall to your seat for use of rear surrounds (I'd want at least 4-5 feet between). Can't help you with the speakers or anything Atmos as I haven't played with either.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Use monopoles for surround speakers in that setup. Do not use bipole speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any idea about Svs Prime Elevation Speakers

Those are monopole speakers. You might be able to use them as height speakers if they will be mounted high and close to the listening position such that they are at a relatively high angle to the listener.

Keep in mind that Atmos speaker placement has the rear surrounds and back surrounds level with the listener. The Elevation speakers will not work with that kind of placement.

You need to go through this guide before setting up an Atmos theater.

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Hi everyone. I am back, still standing on square one. I plan to set up a 5.1 system first. Would go for height channels later. I found Emotiva Airmotiv T1, C1, E1 5.0 package which is available for ₹ 110000 ($1700 approx). While the Wharfedale Diamond 230, 220c and DFS, 5.0 system is costing around ₹ 90000 ($1400 approx.) Any suggestions as to which would be a better deal? Secondly, I need recommendations for a decent Subwoofer for upto $500 (brands readily available in India are Polk, SVS, Emotiva, Klipsch, JBL)

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I am back, still standing on square one. I plan to set up a 5.1 system first. Would go for height channels later. I found Emotiva Airmotiv T1, C1, E1 5.0 package which is available for ₹ 110000 ($1700 approx). While the Wharfedale Diamond 230, 220c and DFS, 5.0 system is costing around ₹ 90000 ($1400 approx.) Any suggestions as to which would be a better deal? Secondly, I need recommendations for a decent Subwoofer for upto $500 (brands readily available in India are Polk, SVS, Emotiva, Klipsch, JBL)

If your usage is mainly for movies ,then emotiva airmotiv series will be better choice. Take care all are 4ohms speaker ,so a better model AVR or AVR+power amp will do justice to this speakers IMO.

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I am a novice to the world of home theatres. Some may be even amused to hear that so far, as a beginner, I had been using a Yamaha Rx V750 AVR with Creative P7800 7.1 speakers to satisfy my needs in my 15' x 12' room. Finally I have got myself a Denon Avr x3300w. I plan to build a Dolby Atmos setup gradually as my budget permits. I am thinking of keeping Elac Debut F5, C5 and S10, Fluance Bipolars as back surround channels and Elevation speakers like SVS Prime Elevations to work as my side surround cum height channels. Please help.

Its better to try 5.1.2 with SVS Elevation as Top Middle configuration(U may need to mount it on the ceiling facing towards MLP) if u really want Atmos configuration.This will give better immersion than rear heights.
In case in future if u want to expand the Atmos configuration by upgrading the AVR . Then Front heights /Top Fronts can be planned now and later you can add either rear heights or Top rear .Hope this helps.

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Its better to try 5.1.2 with SVS Elevation as Top Middle configuration(U may need to mount it on the ceiling facing towards MLP) if u really want Atmos configuration.This will give better immersion than rear heights.
In case in future if u want to expand the Atmos configuration by upgrading the AVR . Then Front heights /Top Fronts can be planned now and later you can add either rear heights or Top rear .Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice. Though its about 2 years late I've got my self a 5.1.2 system. Have kept the Prime Elevations for Atmos in Top Middle configuration as you are suggesting. The system sounds pretty good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice. Though its about 2 years late I've got my self a 5.1.2 system. Have kept the Prime Elevations for Atmos in Top Middle configuration as you are suggesting. The system sounds pretty good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
Oops...Didn't seen the date...My bad..
Anyway Hope I had given the right suggestion..;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis