MAXIMIZING THE USEFULNESS OF A HOME THEATER WITH 2 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Panter,

All of your questions have been addressed throughout the thread. Unfortunately due to the "select few goons", the thread has been filled with misdirection and clutter.

But, in hope of revitalizing or refreshing the topic with some useful comments....

What isn't clear in the OP? I outline specifically and in detail how to configure the design.

The purpose/usefulness of a 2 front speaker setup within another 2 front speaker (as you describe it) can vary, depending on a particular use or person. Stereo and AV receivers with Speaker A/B functionality have been around for a long time. The idea behind this particular design is that it allows you to utilize the same 2 speakers as both dual centers or front right/left. Now how or where one decides to position the two centers is up to them. Thats part of the advantages this design affords. I've described how I have mine set up in previous posts. Again, as mentioned in the OP, you can compare it to having a sound bar that substitutes for a center channel in a 3.0 or higher configuration.

Maybe "intimate" was the wrong word, but I don't think so. Intimate is defined, "closely acquainted; familiar, close." The two speakers acting as centers or front left/right can be positioned closer to the TV (creating a narrow sound stage). This allows you to position the main front left/right speaker further out, (creating a broader sound stage).

Again, the design lets you explore various options.

Regarding sound modes,....I use different sound fields for different situations. The design does not limit you in regards to sound fields.

Hope this helped.
This answer tells me you don't know how to explain what it is you are trying to accomplish. I asked that you not refer to the OP or previous posts. You obviously don't understand yourself what you are trying to accomplish so you skirt around the questions with vague non-answers that tell us nothing.

If you wanted us to say "gee thanks for this wonderful nugget of wisdom" I don't think this or any other audio forum is the place for you. We wanted to try to help you understand why what you are proposing is not only pointless, but incorrect. A large center will do MUCH better than what you are proposing.

I tried to get a real answer in the nicest way possible, but you don't seem to feel the need to provide one yet you keep posting in this thread where all we want is to help you understand or better understand ourselves.

Count me among the "select few goons". We'll have our goon meeting tomorrow where the tshirts I had made up will be distributed. :eek:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I honestly do not know how I am being a goon. I'm asking legitimate questions hoping to understand the usefulness and maximization that you say this achieves in the thread title.

Thus far, throughout all of your explanations (most of which simply say "refer to the op") I have yet to see a legitimate use for this configuration. It promises more headache than improvement. You seem to be having a lot of difficulty explaining this to us.

Also, could you please explain to me or refer me to a post where I am being a goon? I was not attempting to be.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Pogre. I think it's on the docket for the meeting tomorrow. We're also going to cover useless ways to implement home theater techniques. Starting with this thread.
I beyond caring if I'm a goon or not. You, me and others have tried to get a legit answer, or pics or any description of gear or benefit. Pantera did a fine job, and op sidestepped that pretty good too, although he put more effort into that than recent posts.
I will refer to J_garcia's last post. And the one I asked you about.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure why long sleeve shirts, but this is what we'll get...for some reason.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre. I think it's on the docket for the meeting tomorrow. We're also going to cover useless ways to implement home theater techniques. Starting with this thread.
I beyond caring if I'm a goon or not. You, me and others have tried to get a legit answer, or pics or any description of gear or benefit. Pantera did a fine job, and op sidestepped that pretty good too, although he put more effort into that than recent posts.
I will refer to J_garcia's last post. And the one I asked you about.
Pics would be awesome. And a description of the equipment and speakers being used. Also his room size.

*Edit: I really don't care about the goon comment. Stuff like that I just consider the source. I'm really just kind of curious what his response will be. I suspect it might be amusing.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I honestly do not know how I am being a goon. I'm asking legitimate questions hoping to understand the usefulness and maximization that you say this achieves in the thread title.

Thus far, throughout all of your explanations (most of which simply say "refer to the op") I have yet to see a legitimate use for this configuration. It promises more headache than improvement. You seem to be having a lot of difficulty explaining this to us.

Also, could you please explain to me or refer me to a post where I am being a goon? I was not attempting to be.
I don't mind being called a goon, heck I used to be a bouncer and we definitely earned that title at a few bars. ;)

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
This answer tells me you don't know how to explain what it is you are trying to accomplish. I asked that you not refer to the OP or previous posts. You obviously don't understand yourself what you are trying to accomplish so you skirt around the questions with vague non-answers that tell us nothing.

If you wanted us to say "gee thanks for this wonderful nugget of wisdom" I don't think this or any other audio forum is the place for you. We wanted to try to help you understand why what you are proposing is not only pointless, but incorrect. A large center will do MUCH better than what you are proposing.

I tried to get a real answer in the nicest way possible, but you don't seem to feel the need to provide one yet you keep posting in this thread where all we want is to help you understand or better understand ourselves.

Count me among the "select few goons". We'll have our goon meeting tomorrow where the tshirts I had made up will be distributed. :eek:

panter,

Your questions were answered.

What is your response to the Speaker A/B function and " two front speakers within a two front speakesr" argument?

Your on the same course as the other "select few"

Klipsch, Pogre,..........Give panter a members card to the "goon squad".

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
panter,

What is your response to the Speaker A/B function and " two front speaker within a two front speaker" argument?

What about Liam? He is a brutish goon just like us. How dare you exclude him.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
panter,

What is your response to the Speaker A/B function and " two front speakers within a two front speakesr" argument?

Okey Dokey

And I made the squad shirts thankyouverymuch.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
panter,

I would like to increase my convolution by maximizing my usefulness/options as you have done Sensei. I can't figure out what to do with those wire things, though. Should I masticate the ends before attaching them to my speaker?

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I would like to increase my convolution by maximizing my usefulness/options as you have done Sensei. I can't figure out what to do with those wire things, though. Should I masticate the ends before attaching them to my speaker?
Absofrigginlutley! :D

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
panter,

This has been answered numerous times, everybody has responded. You not so much except for read the OP, it's in the OP, blah blah blah blah blah blah. You are a Charlie Brown cartoon, those old enough will get this reference.

Another proud member of a group of people who have asked you questions you lack the ability to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis