Beginner Home Theater

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
2,290 normally 2,790 trade ins completely redone.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
2,290 normally 2,790 trade ins completely redone.
Under $2300 for all 3.

I think it's a no brainer to be honest....I don't know when they were posted, I was on his site the other night and didn't notice anything...I can't imagine them lasting long at that price.

@Swerd has owned a pair of STs and upgraded to the Verasity ST I think or something in the Veracity line and @Bucknekked is waiting on his delivery any day and he ordered STs too I want to say.

I ordered a pr Song3-A and the Supercharged Song Ctr...my deposit was more than those cost!

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Just got off the phone with Jim and I put in an offer on em.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
He said these won lots of awards for something like 7 years straight and after going through them they are even better than new and broke in nicely. He said he put em up a few day ago. Man that happened real quick I guess I'm an easy sell lol.

2channel lover

He said these won lots of awards for something like 7 years straight and after going through them they are even better than new and broke in nicely. He said he put em up a few day ago. Man that happened real quick I guess I'm an easy sell lol.
Congrats!

I know you've made a great deal and didn't break the budget by much if at all when you factor the cc was included.

Rarely does available inventory stick around long in that price range.

We were both easy sells...You were Johnny on the spot...you'll get the hear your Salks before me!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would have jumped on that... like this past weekend! I just dropped a bunch of cash on some different ones instead. Oh well...

Great buy man. I think you're going to be very happy.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Thanks I'm kind of excited even though I've never heard em. I'm reading what I can find now and there is a lot and it sounds sublime. Now back to the AVR hunt so stick with the SR7010 or SR6011 or Denon x4300h or something else lol.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Might have a line on and great price on the sr7011. Anyone else seen any good deals on a solid receiver?

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Hopefully someone will run a sale on the SR7011 or something close to it soon.

Ok, surrounds lets find something nice.

2channel lover

Hopefully someone will run a sale on the SR7011 or something close to it soon.

Ok, surrounds lets find something nice.
I think the question to answer is what features are REALLY important...HEOS? I have not done an A/B comparison on features, but I think you can find a new 7010 for under $1300.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Yea there are several out there new in box for 1,249.00. So I'm basically just giving up HEOS?

The Salks are being boxed up 2channel! Should have em by the end of next week. Just need to get the other things here first so I'm ready to roll.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the question to answer is what features are REALLY important...HEOS? I have not done an A/B comparison on features, but I think you can find a new 7010 for under $1300.
Or the SR6011 is still available at AC4L for 899 with a 3 year warranty. I can vouch for it. Very solid avr.

*Edit: Dang, it looks like they're done with that promo and dropped the warranty.

2channel lover

Good to hear Mash!

I know HEOS is one change...typically they have 2 or 3 per model change...idk what the others are to be honest, but $2200 vs $1250? The 7010 looks good from where I sit.

I like was saying earlier I'm willing to drop down a notch or two on the AVR or pre pro at the expense of speakers, especially main, but now that you have the LCR solved you can splurge a little. From what @Pogre is posting it looks like you can save some and get the 6011. Not sure what the differences are to 7011 on that one either.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Talking with Jim about SongSurrounds or using WOW1's as surrounds.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Jim told me his personal setup and he's using the SR7010 and the Salks really like it. He said at that price to grab one asap and I wont be disappointed.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
He also said to check out Dennis Murphys affordable accuracy monitor for a quality less expensive choice.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Going to have Jim build me these as my surrounds I believe. Yea it's a different finish but I'm figuring later I will upgrade my LCR and this is the way I will want them finished. I was back and forth between these and the African Bubinga with rose red dye.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Well I got the HSU vtf-15h Mk2 ordered, just going with one for now since I upgraded my LCR. Hopefully Jim sends me the payment info today so they can box up the Salks and send them. Best deal I've found on the Marantz SR7011 to this point is 1,779 so I'm holding on that for a few more days to see if maybe a sale pops.

2channel lover

Well I got the HSU vtf-15h Mk2 ordered, just going with one for now since I upgraded my LCR. Hopefully Jim sends me the payment info today so they can box up the Salks and send them. Best deal I've found on the Marantz SR7011 to this point is 1,779 so I'm holding on that for a few more days to see if maybe a sale pops.
Did Jim say "sold"...the maple STs with CC still seem to be showing available on his site.

VTF 15 mk2? King Beast in terms of output. What is the room size again? The need for two is really about balance. If you can put this one in the absolute sweet spot you may only need one. Most people tend to have bass lulls or dead spots with the the room.

Edited to add...Wow monitors...I've heard great things about them. For the capability of the speaker, it seems a bit of a waste to put them in surround duty unless that's just what you want.

I just got a few multi channel SACDs in and I played two over the weekend...Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms is outstanding imo. The sound engineer sent a fair amount of content to the surrounds without it sounding goofy. The RBH Rb5i handled it beautifully...under $250 a pr.

But...if you did get them and found you've essentially put them out to pasture in surround duty...you could always move them to another room and enjoy a kick ass little speaker.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis