Help with hdmi inputs please

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
I don't know if this is in the right spot please forgive me if it's not I just need some quick help..
I'm in the midst of setting up a new receiver and I'm going to run all of my inputs to the receiver and I want to do the arc to the input on the TV. The TV is a Samsung un65ku6500fxza. It has three HDMI inputs HDMI one DVI. HDMI 2. And HDMI 3 Arc. My main question is do all of these HDMI inputs on the TV support 4K will the arc pass 4K to the TV. I have the DirecTV box which allows 4K and I also have the new Samsung 4K DVD player so I just want to make sure that I used the correct input on the TV so I will get 4k.
I do promise before I posted this I have read many many many questions and Googled everything I know to Google and I just can't find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance
Oh yeah and the tuner is a Denon 6300. But my main question is about the inputs on the TV

Last edited:
L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
If anyone reads this and could help me or maybe even put it in another post if need be .

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for your reply. I did finally find an article that said all of the HDMI are hdcp 2.2 compatible. I guess my concern is on the screen only input One lets you adjust some sort of HDMI color situation that's what concerning me

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Connect to HDMI 3 (ARC) from your A/V receiver. That's the only connection you should be using. If you want to use ARC because you really must use the 'smart' features built into the TV, then you likely need to have HDMI CEC enabled, which may cause other headaches and issues.

There is no obvious reason you can't adjust picture settings across all the HDMI inputs. You may have to select 'manual' configuration for color instead of one of their pre-canned setups, but that's nearly impossible to figure out without having the TV in front of me.

Manufacturers can't even both to show the actual back of their displays in their user manuals any more, so helping others is becoming nearly impossible unless you actually own the exact same model.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis