Is there any wireless rear surround speaker solution that works?

O

OhioGuy25

Audioholic Intern
This rocketfish unit is garbage. It worked great when I was setting up YAPO but all it produced was small intermittent glitchy muffled sounds when I played a movie. Could this be bc of wifi interference?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know Sonos have some but not sure how well they would work with non Sonos receivers.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah sorry, I'd like to stay under $100 as I already own surround speakers. Wasn't looking for an entirely new setup.
Likely just more frustration below $100.

I own and use the Rocketfish. It is serviceable, but not great.

I do get a random interence "zaaaap" every now and then. From what you described, you either have some serious interference, or you have a malfunctioning Rocketfish.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hiding wires would be my go to for under $100....just haven't heard much good about the cheap wireless kits for surrounds. Curious, does your Yamaha have their new wireless functionality MusicCast? I'm not sure that can work for surrounds like Denon/Marantz' HEOS, tho.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hiding wires would be my go to for under $100....just haven't heard much good about the cheap wireless kits for surrounds. Curious, does your Yamaha have their new wireless functionality MusicCast? I'm not sure that can work for surrounds like Denon/Marantz' HEOS, tho.
Yeah, you are probably correct, if you can't spend the $ for the good wireless kits, then just suck it up and run the wires.

My house is an open floor plan, so running the wires is difficult. Of course I can do it, but I don't feel like doing it.

So, I just use the RF to get by for now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis